Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

For the CTX newbies........

Roland58

You have probably seen the videos and read all the posts about the CTX and the wonderful finds. I've had my CTX 2 weeks today and have been using a Fisher F75 standard for the past 3 years.....my first MD'ing experience.

I just wanted you newbies, like me, to see something besides the gold rings and silver coins coming out of the ground like Old Faithful. I made about a 3 hour hunt this evening at an old school yard (I'm sure it has been pounded many times) and wanted to show you what I came up with.......

As you can see in the full sized Frisbee there is a lot more trash than the "take" picture. Admittedly, I was trying different modes and settings. I found, in this particular area, I was doing a lot better using "High Trash" and +2 on the Sensitivity. All of those pieces of trash came in as nickels 12/13 or 14, gold? 12/08, 09, or 10, and quarters 12/43, 44. I have found that a 12/45 is almost always a quarter on my machine and a solid 12/13 (x and y axis) is almost always a nickel. The 12/08 through 12/10 digs were simply praying for gold, :thumbdown:.

The CTX WILL hit some deep targets. A few days ago I had a solid quarter signal (x and y axis) and I knew it was deep, as it was a pretty weak signal. I was two ProPointer lengths down before I got it to sing a little. About two more inches down I found my target.....a parking garage token! Well, it was the same size as a quarter!! Now, that's some depth! The ground was nice and moist, maybe that had something to do with it. The same day, I found a Boy Scout knife about 12" down, but, it was a pretty big pocket knife.

I am determined to learn this machine and make the best of it........HH to all.

As a 6 month CTX newbie, I had the exact same experience in the beginning. It will get better, and soon you will begin to learn how to sort the keepers from the trash. One tip that helped me was to lift the coil slowly over a target, if it continues to sound off as you go higher, it is usually trash.
HH
Chuck

I have had my ctx 2 weeks now , i have had some signals that were too deep to dig , tried digging em but it's hard digging past 10 inches with my trowel. The depth is as good as it gets with the ctx ,
still getting used to the ctx after been a hard core explorer 2 and se user for 7 years. Lovely swing on the ctx a lot like swinging my old dfx. I dig more rubbish with my ctx as i am not too familiar with the beast.