Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

For those that used etrac/ctx

silver seeker

Since I'm mostly a deep coin hunter I rely heavily on running high gain on my Etrac, because of my terrible hearing. Does the deus 2 have a gain setting like the Etrac, so I'm able to hear the super deep ones?

Since I'm mostly a deep coin hunter I rely heavily on running high gain on my Etrac, because of my terrible hearing. Does the deus 2 have a gain setting like the Etrac, so I'm able to hear the super deep ones?
It has an adjustable modulated audio …..it’s called Audio Response….. you can adjust it to knock your ears off, if you want. The D2 is an excellent detector if you take the time to learn it. HH Tony

Yes its loud, however you may want to test different headphones to see which suit. I bought a pair of the full cup xls and not 100% happy with tone quality.

What Tony said, and it also has an overall volume control, along with an iron vol control….so yes you can certainly get what you want. I’ll say it again….I’ve loved my Explorers and CTX like children, but the D2??….VERY good with the performance!

I have a CTX, I’m running the D2 at an audio response of six, you will not miss anything. I am running it where I have grid searched with the CTX, and I’m pulling coins out that the CTX never heard. I have not turned the CTX on since the Deus2 was delivered.

I have a CTX, I’m running the D2 at an audio response of six, you will not miss anything. I am running it where I have grid searched with the CTX, and I’m pulling coins out that the CTX never heard. I have not turned the CTX on since the Deus2 was delivered.
any specific program you like better?

Depending on your ground, either general or fast seem to be good performers once you adjust the notch to your liking. Deep HC is also a good one, but drains the coil battery quicker.

Grid a new area with the D2 then come back with the CTX and you'll find coins too.

Grid a new area with the D2 then come back with the CTX and you'll find coins too.
I remember the old timers telling us that you need to go back and detect at a different angle. This makes sense to me because of where the target lies, slanted or angled in the ground or it has a weak signal. So hitting it to give the best signal is the key. In my opinion.
Now the CTX goes deep but you can crank up the D2 and it’s a beast at depth. Just my opinion
Best of luck out there