Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

Forgotten picnic ground coins

osgood

Probably took 10 hours and several days to snag these at a well hunted picnic grounds in the woods. The lucky thing was the three IHs were all in one hole. (1888, 1893,1903). The nickels, a V and a Buffalo, were both no dates. The dimes 1936 and 1917s. The Ugly Knife as i call it, is well, ugly. The hat pin still had a very sharp point on it and im glad it was laying flat under a rock which was underground. With as dry as its been the mosquitoes were very inquisitive! Good Hunts All, CO

Curt looks like a good spot to detect!

Hey did you every go back to that old zoo?

Hope all is well,
Brian

nice finds.if i may ask what research did you use to locate picnic grounds?

Your hard work really paid off - congrats on the finds !

Nice finds. It doesn't look like YOU forgot the picnic grounds.

Well hunted picnic grounds? It couldn't of been that well covered as you made some very nice finds!! To me, the time you are spending is well worth the effort. I hunt 3,4,5 even six hours sometimes and feel extremely lucky when I unearth one old coin. The finds may be few and very far in between but this type of devotion at an old park netted me two seated dimes. Keep at it with the same intensity and determination and more goodies will certainly present themselves to you. Congratulations on your finds! - EPL