Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

Former Etrac owners

Yes! Harness or a sling is a great idea and they work well! Check out this Explorer2 I chopped up and chest mounted. Whatever fits your fancy!https://youtu.be/sfpGG-m2fxY

Wish there was a modification for the E-Trac screen to make it more visible ... it can barely be seen in daylight.
The CTX-3030 has the same problem likely due to them using the same parts and circuitry.
Makes a great night time machine with the back light on but not much good for daylight hunting.

Very cool set up - very creative too with the curved shaft.

Congratulations on that build!

Can I send you mine this winter? Ha ha ha

Tony NJ

BigTony said:
Very cool set up - very creative too with the curved shaft.

Congratulations on that build!

Can I send you mine this winter? Ha ha ha

Tony NJ

Tony....NO!:lol: I don’t mind taking a chance on screwing up my own,but someone else’s? Not so much...it’s super nice to use though!

No problem bud, I know it must take a few hours to work that in a 1940’s looking British Metal Detector hanging off your chest!

I’ll stick to the the shoulder strap.

Tony NJ

IDX, that was meant as a joke not a dig.

Your build is impressive, I lloved it.

Tony NJ

Lol! I’ve seen some of those old ones,the description fits! Never any offense taken

IDXMonster, great mod on your Explorer2! I want to sell or trade my Etrac so, while I like to tinker, I want to keep it in one piece. Enjoyed your video, too, and subscribed.

Des D said:
Am still an E Trac owner. About to head out as soon as I type this!

Tried Equinox but it wasn't for me: didn't;t offer anything on the types of site I like to spend time on. Others would disagree and say best thing since sliced etc..
Different strokes...

Reasons why I still like and use E Trac

* Unbeatable Tonal range
* FE and CO display
* Free moving target cursor indicator
* Deep
* Sensitive to the small items
* Hassle free operation
* Ability to install any battery types I want etc etc

Don't forget the Etrac is built much better, and deeper in my opinion.

I have a 600 and it will chatter if i get around any power
lines in any mode, I have to turn it on and set it up away from the power
lines to keep it quiet.

Xdigger said:
Des D said:

Tried Equinox but it wasn't for me: didn't;t offer anything on the types of site I like to spend time on. Others would disagree and say best thing since sliced etc..
Different strokes...

* Unbeatable Tonal range
* FE and CO display
* Deep
* Hassle free operation

Don't forget the Etrac is built much better, and deeper in my opinion.

The first time I ever saw an Equinox in person,,I was using my Etrac and my buddy had just gotten the Nox. It hadn't been tweaked, it was all factory settings. He called me over to check a deep signal his 600 was hitting, and My Etrac hit it the same IMO. It was a 9" silver dime. Point is that neither machine was less for hitting that signal. I could have easily walked over that coin with the Etrac, since the Etrac is much slower in recovery.

I don't really believe the Etrac is any deeper. I've found a lot of deepies after getting my 600. More deep ones in a shorter period of time, than I have with the Etrac for the same general test time period after getting it. The Equinox ain't no slouch.

I have mixed emotions about selling my E-Trac just because I have a Equinox 600.
Its the weight of the E-Trac more than anything and to a lesser degree the dim and hard to see screen that keeps me going to the Equinox.
I can use the Equinox much longer before my arm gets sore.
As turn on and go detectors they are both the same ... start customizing the programs and the E-Trac has the edge in depth and VID accuracy.
These are my personal experiences and opinions and some my not agree but for now I am just not totally sold on the Equinox as being the better of the two.

Des D said:

Different strokes...

* Unbeatable Tonal range
* FE and CO display
* Deep
* Hassle free operation

!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!​

I basically agree with Des..
The Nox is light-in-weight and technically Ok, but materialistically...a ‘smear’ on Minelab’s reputation for quality when compared to all their prior detectors that I’ve owned or have experience of using.

Consider a couple of weak-points regarding the NOX 600:-

Functionally, the failure to include in the 600’s sofrware, MANUAL control of the Noise-Channel-Selection, ..........

That is incomprehensible?​

Also; to have to cycle through all modes to return to an adjacent/prior mode.. *%!$<~................... that defies common sense......

Come on Minelab’s-design team....pull-your fingers out.​

As for comparing it to the E-Trac...

"Friends, Romans, country-men...lend me your ears, (or send me a new search-head)"​

The Minelab E-Trac is simply EXCELLENT; and to prove that, it fathered the later CTX 3030 inspiration.

The EQUINOX series are fine in their own right; they are a technical adjunct to fundamental PI ‘multi-frequencies’ Transmissions; with Time-Domain-receiver, modified to suit the IQ labeling.

The term IQ is not a Minelab trademark....it’s been around a long time....i.e. wrt mine-detecting technology.

So to summarize matters; if you attempt to debase the E-Trac on the basis of performance,,,,,

‘You may have an Equinox....but YOU lack IQ ......matt​

Metalpopper, I like the NOX plenty. Once you get your feet wet or dig down 8 inches in dirt you have gone over 100 times, you'll agree as well.

Tony N.J.