Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

Forty Years Lost

Dancer

In 1980 A young 79 Grad and his pal were punting a football at a local Township park. This boy comes from a large family, one bread winner. He wanted a HS grad Gold ring bad & earned all the Money for it himself. After kicking the ball one time something felt different. His prize ring is gone ! For about ten years he actually walked the field hoping to eyeball it. For 40 years he told dozens of hunters that it was there. Nothing. The ring had been lost 20 yrs. When in 2000 I got my first machine. Twenty years after that I stopped by for a hunt. This park has two festivals a yr. Plus many other events. I mean it's a treasure hunters magnet. The field is riddled with pull tabs, can slaw. Remembering a couple of tips right here I notched 53 out on my Pro and started roaming around. Very few coins cause of being hunted so hard. Anyways, got a 65, 66, 67 bouncing hit. But a solid sound. Debating, I took a deep plug, 6 inches down ,a gold glint. A honker of a ring.
(Now before this I never heard of this ring being lost) It gets better. Name inside, a brother of a women living 2 doors down from me. So we set up a meeting for after he got off work.
He said a day never went by without thinking of it. Forty Years to the month. Truthfully, I never seen someone so happy. I could feel it. He was good enough to offer a reward, which I refused. It was found more or less by luck. Told him the story was the reward.
This ring is the third Gold ring for the Pro in about 7weeks. (Hat Trick) A 10K. 20.1 gram Beauty. Came in around where a corroded penny is. No where around the nickel area. Only tip I can give is. If you have access to a Gold Class ring, check it with what ever machine you have. Might be a little surprised. Good luck out there.

Attachments

• IMG_20201106_105907.jpg
    IMG_20201106_105907.jpg
    1.9 MB · Views: 313
Way to go! Would love to have seen the owners face. Lost my high school class ring water skiing on a salt water river in Brunswick, Ga. That was in early May 1955. My dad had bought it for me so it meant so much to me.

Just incredible. Way to go, Dancer.