Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

Found 17 today--of course I'm in Asia

Found 17 rings today and about 45 dollars on a layover on the far side of the world. The six pictured didn't need cleaning. Didn't expect much cause I found 11 three weeks ago at the same beach so figured I'd change my tactics...found hard packed areas where the rocks had accumulated. Listened for a any tone using disc(too much iron to use PP) that was barely audible. Then I dug about three to four scoops with my Evroexcavator which created a giant hole and I'd quickly put my coil in it to make sure the target was out. I worked very, very hard for these rings. It was more like a mission than a relaxing hobby today but I knew more had to be there so I went for it. I'm paying the price tonight but it was a rewarding day. Last week the best ring was a Cartier 18k. Today a Gucci.

The Perks of being a Flying Pirate!! VN!! :thumbup:

Dang!......super jealous but happy for you on finding this gold mine of a beach!!:thumbup:

Dob, talk about the best of both worlds. Hunting places where detectors are either too expensive or hard to get, Yet there's enough $$ around for gold purchases. Glad you found another hot spot to replace the beach you lost to the local hunters. You think the rings were mostly lost by tourists? And your ability to sniff treasure out of hard places to dig. Good fer you.

Not on this beach. It's what I'd call a semi industrial area yet close to the city. Lots of locals in the summer. Silver rings galore. Gold is tough and normally very small. Lucky that one was part platinum. Location, location, location. And a wee bit of effort.