Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

Found A Blackberry and Returned It !!

GregM

The same day I found the phony necklace I found a really nice Blackberry on the beach. I tucked it into my pouch and kept walking. After a short while I felt a vibration coming from the phone so I answer it. It's the owner and she wants to know if I will give the phone back to her...... I tell her I am one of those guys on the beach with a metal detector and found her phone ....she says, "so that means your not giving it back right!" I said , " I don't want your phone - ....I have a phone..... She hangs up and daddy calls me back looking to get his daughter's phone back. I tell him I am not interested in keeping the phone and will drop it off at the lost and found but cannot completely trust the people I give the phone to... You know the deal "OH WE NEVER GOT THAT PHONE" I tell him there are 2 options. I can drop it off at a local fast food restaurant that I know the people are trustworthy maybe tomorrow or the other option I can drop it off today at another fast food location I trust that is further away from his location ...He chooses the second option. After I am done with my workout on the beach I bring the phone to the agreed upon location and tell the manager to expect someone to pick up the phone today. So I show it to her and slip it into an envelope and she puts it away . Sometime during the next shift the father picks up the phone. Now here is where I don't get it- I asked the people on the shift that gave the phone back if he said anything , he said nothing .....not even a thank you...I don't want anything from people when I help them out but you know what? I do expect a friggin' "thank you "at LEAST.....And the conversation I had with daddy on the phone he did not thank me. Though he did say I was a nice guy for doing this. What happened to THANK YOU IN AMERICA???? You know my wife said I should have left the phone right there on the beach....I said no ...Why did I say no so quickly??? I might leave the next phone right where it lays... no thank you...HH GregM

I dried everything out, looked up the owners home address, and called there.
I got the mother of a high school kid who had lost it the day before.
So, I spent a little time and about two dollars for an envelope and postage, and mailed everything back, with a note with my name, address, and phone number on it.
Three weeks later, I called over there, and got the kid who lost it.
I said "I'm the guy that found and returned your wallet. long pause............. then "oh....yeah"
So I wait , nothing.
Then I said, "DON'T lose it again.
My meaning being, next time the cash goes in my pocket, and the rest can go in a garbage can.
People are worthless anymore.

[size=large]Good Job on the returns.........................[/size]

[size=x-large]For me,
I was Born a Pirate, I Love the pretty women, and All the Booty goes into My Treasure Chest![/size]

When I return something I expect exactly what happened above. I expect nothing more from most folks out there in today's world. Anything more is a bonus.

I think you'll do the same thing next time the opportunity comes up. You are both decent humans and you'll do what's right. jim

Always do the right thing the rewards come in unexpected ways.......hh.......Dan

Hello guys

To day the people is Too bad you have returned the phone and not even thank you.
I have found in sand with my Sov-GT two phones are also a Samsung and Acer latest generation touch screen.
the boards I keep to myself.:thumbup:
And here in France all the guys are also like me.It is being opened, and you throw the chip
Thank you for you got OldBeechnut philosophy:cheers:
I'm like you.
Rajae2006r, Bordeaux - France

by sending them out of state. Didn't even get shipping, acknolodgement or a thank you. I returned a wallet with 198.00 in it and no thank you. I will still return things because I love peoples stories and I feel it is the right thing to do.

I will never put others down for their beliefs and we all have our opinions. I do feel I am blessed with tons of good finds for some reason and maybe it is because of my efforts.

To each their own, and do what you feel is right. Actually I am writing this after I just returned a ring less than an hour ago. Story coming up.

I returned a Military class ring last year and the lady was pleasant so I made sure not to post a return address on the mailing stamp. No Expectations = No let downs. Your right though not enough people say thank you in this day and age. Heck I try to say Thank You at some point during a few moments of quiet in my day just for the gift of getting to have one (a day that is). I have found rings (some high dollar) for different people on the beach who have just taken them out of my hand and walk away. I figure I'm due for one I can keep one of these days!