Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

Found a Bucket list Coin !

HuntinDog

Went out the other day for a short hunt and found a almost never heard of coin on the West Coast.
I've had permission to hunt this yard for a while now, but haven't because of the drought and dry ground.
The yard has a bare strip boarder around the front lawn and I thought this would be a good place to start.
I found that there is a bunch of iron trash in the yard to hunt around...
Within the first few minutes a got a hit that was a little iffy and jumpy in the 90s.
I hunt in full tones and getting better at hearing the tones that need digging.
Well I flipped the plug and thought at first it was a pull tab tongue, but when I pull it out of the dirt and wiped it off.... WOW
I saw the small cross and new what it was.
A silver cob !!
I was so amazed I just sat there and stared at it.
Never thought I would find one of those.
I went on to find some other great finds, but none to beat this.
The DEUS Rocks...

WOW! What a find for the West Coast area. Might even be from when the Spanish were setting up missions in California.

I hate the term Bucket List but that's a fine coin and a great find. Good for you.

Outstanding ! :clapping:

Thank you all for the replies.
I know it isn't much, but knowing what it is, is amazing.
As the saying goes "if only it could talk" oh the stories it could tell....
Just thinking it's about 150 years older than the Gold Rush here.... WOW
Imaging what it could have bought back then.. the mind just wanders.

any way thank you again
I'm still excited... can you tell...