Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

Found a bunch of these?

Mcdetect

Any ideas what this is? It's 4 to 5 inches in length.
20201116_153912.jpg

Yes I've read the same stuff but they're most likely site specific. Ever found one of those horse tack buckles w/heart
on it? Some of those go back to 1880s or so and you can still buy them at Atwoods today! So I don't really know for sure.

Guys say they've seen them in the old CW catalogs so I assume(You know what that means!)🐴

HH okie

Thinking outside the box here...... round hole on left maybe for screw to attach to something solid? Maybe chain lock slides to right and becomes door lock like motels! Just a thought

The brass ones were not patented until November 30, 1880. I have found several with and without the patent date on them.
Hey fyrffytr I've got 3 of those 2 found by an old indian horsetrack and one from CW area all brass and no patent dates.
Your info was good to know!! :thumbup:

My old mind isn't what it used to be but if I remember correctly the tent rope tensioners used during the Civil War were made of wood. Most all of the ones I have found came from a Spanish-American war camp near me.
I think I heard about the wooden ones too. We probably won't get a signal on those;) Appreciate clearing that up, I certainly
don't wanna lead anyone astray. I barely can keep track of me!!

HH okie