Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

Found a few keepers with the V3

Schrecky

Last week I knocked on the door and obtained permission to hunt at this home.

hunt1.jpg

As you might expect, there was a ton of trash in the ground, very challenging. Ran the 9 1/2" coil from my DFX on the V3 for this hunt.

Three days of hunting produced this collection plus a lot of trash that isn't in the picture.

hunt2.jpg

Was please with a nice little history lesson on dimes. The Seated dime was at 7" at the front edge of the front yard near the highway.

hunt4.jpg

The ring was along side the driveway.

hunt5.jpg

I'm starting to get the hang of the V3. I wish I didn't have to wait until the end of the year for Jeff Foster's V3 book to come out, it would be a real help now.

That is a beautiful old place to hunt and you did well there. That is the kind of old house I like to take about a year to hunt. Don't think it is hunted out after the first 10-15 times. Re-hunting from different directions, speeds, and coils as well as machines keeps producing results for me in a place like that. PRIME, PRIME, PRIME hunting ground. Congratulations.

That is a good set of finds. I like that you show some of the "odd" things that take up your time when on a new site. It takes time to weed it out.

You are asked: >>how long did it that you to get the hang of the v3??<<

You can put the V3 together and hunt right out of the box. As for "get the hang of"...We all are learning as we go.

Jerry

Well, I said I was "starting to get the hang of it". Even though I'm very comfortable with the DFX there is a lot to learn with the V3. I've only had it a month or so and am still working at "getting it".

Great finds.......good work.

- Mark

Schrecky said:
Three days of hunting produced this collection plus a lot of trash that isn't in the picture.

Nice finds! That's a nice spread of dimes!

Schrecky said:
Last week I knocked on the door and obtained permission to hunt at this home.

If you don't mind me asking, how do you approach this? I've not yet asked a stranger to hunt their property, and I'm guessing "Hi, I'm Robert -- mind if I dig some holes in your yard?" isn't going to work. :)