Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

Found a Gold necklace today

I was out with the xp deus 1 today HF 9x5 coil. Got a 27 reading and found a 10kt thin gold chain. After I got it home I ran it over my other metal detectors and they did not even see it !
Nice find. That gets the blood pumping I’m sure.
One thing curious is how the other detectors did not pick it up at all.
Can you be more specific like what detectors and was it a simple air test just waving it under the coil? Any detector should pick it up at some point. That’s really strange unless by thin the thickness of a strand of hair lol.
With a chain with links only the one link gets picked up not the entire chain. Does it have really tiny links and the other detectors have a really low frequency that’s not sensitive to smaller things vs a higher frequency that would be more sensitive? The only thing i can think of for example you we’re running like 4khz and the links were tiny tiny.
Even a vlf running somewhere in 10.12 khz should pick it up at close range. 15 khz and up should be no problem.
I hunt Jewelry and would love to know the specifics

I don’t think i ever had a detector that wouldn’t pick up a gold chain.
Why Im so intrigued on the specifics
Especially doing jewelry hunting

If you drew a line on a paper with a fine tipped pen, that is about the size of the chain. It gave me a reading like foil of 27 on the meter. My other machine I tried to find it with was the Minelab Nox 800 in multi freq.

If you drew a line on a paper with a fine tipped pen, that is about the size of the chain. It gave me a reading like foil of 27 on the meter. My other machine I tried to find it with was the Minelab Nox 800 in multi freq.
Thats a really small amount, sliver, I guess goes to show you how well the Deus picks up small valuable targets in comparison especially with a bigger coil.
Great info, thanks

HF 9x5 @ 14.686 khz
All the detectors ive seen that use single frequency around 14khz,15khz were hot on small gold jewelry. Two that come to mind were the latest Tesoro models. They ran in the 14khz range.
Seemed to be one of the best general all around single frequencies. Anything 20khz and up is primarily designed for gold prospecting, small nuggets. The depth is not that great in those very high frequencies. Anything under 20khz is generally considered a vlf even though they list it HF.
Which curious now, how deep was that gold chain. I would imagine it was not very deep to be picked up especially if none of the other detectors picked it up at all.
Its also why I basically dig almost everything especially those foil ID’s as very hard to always tell foil from gold jewelry if its gold jewelry you’re looking for. Someone only coin hunting i can understand skipping over it.

I might have walked by it myself, but seen the part of it on top of the chips after getting a signal. Yes I did ball it up to show it to the 800, but it did not respond.

I was out with the xp deus 1 today HF 9x5 coil. Got a 27 reading and found a 10kt thin gold chain. After I got it home I ran it over my other metal detectors and they did not even see it !
That is a strong point with that coil on D1. Small and thin gold. I had one of those coils on my D1 but i found it useless on coins , no depth and no luck really so it was sold along with the D1.
nailed a mans gold ring with the Round HF though.