Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

Found a unique ring today down by the river...

gfatizzi

After a two hour hunt down by the Hudson River, I wasn't finding much more than 22 shells, melted pieces of lead and a fishing sinker. As I was leaving to head up to the park, my Ron's 180 meter showed a solid "165" and I'm thinking "eh, probably just a pulltab" but since the digging was easy, I reluctantly dug it up. Out pops this huge Men's ring (size 12ish?) fashioned out of the end of a spoon or fork handle tip. It's only silver plated (probably over pewter) but a cool find nonetheless and I can finally say my ring drought is over! LOL HH, George

PXL_20230619_191711658.PORTRAIT.jpg

Attachments

• PXL_20230619_190228349.PORTRAIT~2.jpg
    PXL_20230619_190228349.PORTRAIT~2.jpg
    1.8 MB · Views: 83
  • PXL_20230619_190424438.PORTRAIT~2.jpg
    PXL_20230619_190424438.PORTRAIT~2.jpg
    2.4 MB · Views: 89
After a two hour hunt down by the Hudson River, I wasn't finding much more than 22 shells, melted pieces of lead and a fishing sinker. As I was leaving to head up to the park, my Ron's 180 meter showed a solid "165" and I'm thinking "eh, probably just a pulltab" but since the digging was easy, I reluctantly dug it up. Out pops this huge Men's ring (size 12ish?) fashioned out of the end of a spoon or fork handle tip. It's only silver plated (probably over pewter) but a cool find nonetheless and I can finally say my ring drought is over! LOL HH, George

View attachment 42266
That's ring is made from some early sterling silverware, its the end of a fork or spoon handle. Normally they will be high content silver as well. Congrats on the cool ring. Love it.

Nice ring!! Hard to beat those sovereign tones.

Yup! My trusty XS. Can't seem to give it up. Just LOVE that machine!
George,
I figured you would be using the Sovereign again as I always say if you know your Sovereign and try others detector you always come back to the Sovereign.
How's the Legend work out for you?? Hope it is doing OK for you and learning it well as I may be asking question if I ever get out to detect again. I still have my GT with the SunRay DTI 3 meter I got from you and also a S-1 probe so I have the perfect combination I feel and have the stock 10inch tornado coil plus a 8 inch tornado coil on a extra shaft. The only thing that would be better is if Minelab make a lighter Sovereign as my unit is a bit heavy.
Good luck George and like to read your post on the Sovereigns.

Rick

George,
I figured you would be using the Sovereign again as I always say if you know your Sovereign and try others detector you always come back to the Sovereign.
How's the Legend work out for you?? Hope it is doing OK for you and learning it well as I may be asking question if I ever get out to detect again. I still have my GT with the SunRay DTI 3 meter I got from you and also a S-1 probe so I have the perfect combination I feel and have the stock 10inch tornado coil plus a 8 inch tornado coil on a extra shaft. The only thing that would be better is if Minelab make a lighter Sovereign as my unit is a bit heavy.
Good luck George and like to read your post on the Sovereigns.

Rick
Yeah Rick I really still love that old Sov. I just know it so well and the tones it produces. Plus it's so easy to use, just turn on and go, no menus or programs to worry about, just pure performance.
I really love the Legend as well. It's extremely versatile, light and tough. It's an incredible machine in the trashy areas of the park I like to hunt.
I've decided I'm keeping both and they are all I need. I would love to find a mint 10" Tornado coil for the Sov as that is probably my favorite large coil for it. I'm currently running it with the excellent NEL Sharpshooter 5X9 and Nel 12X13 Tornado. A great pair of coils for sure! HH Rick and I hope you get out there soon.
George

That's ring is made from some early sterling silverware, its the end of a fork or spoon handle. Normally they will be high content silver as well. Congrats on the cool ring. Love

View attachment 42266
They were popular back in the 70's. I think I still have mine which I had engraved. Neat rings. I also like the buckle rings.
Jewelry is just like clothing. They have their fads....

Too bad todays jewelry is mostly stainless junk. Tough to find even silver.

HH
Donna(NJ)