Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

Found again a roman coin treasure

mtc cocoon wim

Last week-end i found several silver roman coins on a big field so i called the mates together for a very thorough sweep of the field

After 7 hours we had a total of 41 silver coins Roman all from 2nd century ..... 18 pieces were found by me

Now it starts for me the very delicate matter of cleaning but have enough experience with it

a copy is already cleaned now ... emperor Lucius Verus 161-169 after christ .... denarius with nummer RIC 482

Very nice finds, looks to be a lot different yrs or coin value stamping. Very nice on your part to share the finds------Nice -GH------------------after1-----------

My heart palpitates just imagining finding one of those beauties! Great finds! Living in the States I can, at best, hope for a pre-Revolution British coin but not expecting that to happen.

If all those similar coins are found in the same field does it have to be reported to the FLO as a possible hoard?

Just curious.

Beautiful coins and a great find. Wish there were coins that old in the USA. The oldest coin I've found is an 18th century Chinese coin.

If you don't mind me asking, how do you clean those silver Roman coins? They look fantastic!

I'd like to know that too! Those are some awesome finds!

UPDATE

From the first day i reported the location as it is required by law, If not I can lose my legal authorization for metaldetecting in Flanders.

The cleaning proces is one of several steps and time consuming but big factors are the use of lemon juice and very special soft brass brushes

Indeed they are little over cleaned in the point of view of collectors but If I visit museums I see that they also clean there coins as i do.

Several weeks later I still haven't found the source of the coins but already found a nice number of them.

Now the field is the field is sown with wheat so i have to wait till next year.

Greetings
Wim

Quite the field....so nice that they have all kept their shape and were not crusted...who knows what you will find there...maybe a copper pot?

That's truly amazing - a huge congrats !!!

Any chance that you have an spare room in your house that I can stay in this summer ? :rofl: