Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

Found an awesome coin spill while looking for the CS wreath

umrgolf

8/29 I returned to the site where I found the CS tongue and continued my search for the wreath, and certainly didn't expect this.....

I was in a little corner about 70 yards from the spot where the CS buckle came from and my first target was the brass ring seen in the first photo. The next signal, about 2 feet away, was bouncing around like a bullet. I dug down about 7 inches and was surprised to see a nice 1857 seated dime come out of the bottom. So I got back up and starting scanning the immediate area and 5 feet away, BAM a signal banging on 88!! Before digging it, I scanned a little more to satisfy my curiousity and BAM, another signal hitting around 88!! So I dug that second signal first and at around 7 inches (again) it turned out to be a dateless Carolus IIII 2 reales. I went back to the previous signal and dug it out, also at 7 inches, and it was the 1856-O half dollar. So after all the excitement of the first three coins, I scanned the small area once more to find no more obvious signals and began expanding outwards. About 15 feet from the half dollar signal I got a very weak bullet-like signal very similar to the first dime. I dug it out at yet again 7 inches and it turned out to be an 1858 halfdime. Another three feet from that signal, BAM another high 80's signal at 7 inches that turned out to be the 1843 quarter. And last but not least, I went back over to the area where I found the first three and got a very IRONY blip and found the last coin, an 1857 quarter at about a foot deep.

If you did read the last sentence, it gives me very good reason to believe there are more coins to be found at this spot. Thanks for looking.

-Jeff

(added photo of 1843 quarter reverse, its a die crack error known as the "Lightning Bolt")

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pJBQpmkSU4g

That is fantastic.........:clapping: I bet you will be digging everything there.....:thumbup:

Wow what a day!!:drool:Always fun digging good targets one after another!!:thumbup:

That's a nice haul. Congratulation on some very nice recoveries from that site.

Jeff, that is frigging awesome. Congratulations on a great hunt.

What do you know about the site?

Looks like a tavern site to me, what other kind of stuff are you finding

other than CS relics and great coins?

That is one HOT spot.

This one field actually contained an entire township settled in 1856. The cemetary has earlier graves dating as early as 1814, but 1856 is what is documented. Anyhow, I've located several homesites in the field, two civil war camps, and I've read of a documented skirmish in August, 1864 where a Union Lt. was shot and killed. There is a boatload of history in this one hay field. Thank you all for looking and commenting.

Deno said:
Jeff, that is frigging awesome. Congratulations on a great hunt.

What do you know about the site?

Looks like a tavern site to me, what other kind of stuff are you finding

other than CS relics and great coins?

That is one HOT spot.

That hunt was Wonderful, Thank you for sharing.:clapping:

That is a summary of what the hobby is all about. Kudos..... :clapping: cch

Awesome!
That's gonna be hard to top!
CONGRATS!

Dont think those coins can be topped. ??? :surprised: cch

Just awesome,
is that the gold bug or G2 on the ground?

Thanks for the nice comments guys.. Hey Mark, its a Gold Bug DP. I show how a couple signals hit in the video, great machine.

nailfinder said:
great finds :clapping: cant wait to get down your way and do some digging with ya. awesome hunt

Oh hey, I didn't mean to ignore you lol You're more than welcome to join! Send me a message or call when you'd like to come. Coach Croft had back surgery a couple months ago but has been given the go-ahead from his doc. Like I told you a few months ago, I think it'd be fun to swap some spots between us.

Many of us (me included) can only dream of a day like yours! Fantastic coin finds. I wish you many more out of this area. - Jim

Ausome finds and great vid to go along with it HH