Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

Found at Colonial homestead.

Dutchtoga

Not sure what it is made of or what purpose it served. Hopefully the photos can help to identify this iteitm.

The original post/pic looks like a doll shoe that has been smashed. You can see where a ankle/heel strap would have attached on both sides(small slots).

But, It almost looks like the very top part could have been bent foward as those two little slots match the slots in the backside where the two metal pieces are clipped together. Those slots must have served the same purpose as the back slots. Little metal ears would have fit through them and folded over.

Although, I don't see the little ears, or remnants thereof, remaining on the upper piece. So there may be a third piece of metal missing that used those empty slots.

Somthing like this maybe.

http://www.rubylane.com/item/602155-001303/Super-Victorian-Brass-Ladys-Slippers

Nice work Taz!
2 of my 3 ideas were pretty warm. lol The missing piece of metal would be the ribbons. You might find more of the pieces in the area and re-assemble the parts.

Aarong81 said:
Nice work Taz!
2 of my 3 ideas were pretty warm. lol The missing piece of metal would be the ribbons. You might find more of the pieces in the area and re-assemble the parts.
Yes I would not have thought it was a shoe even though it resembles one.
Gearbox's wife knew what it was .
I just got lucky searching keywords from the pattern -lily pad ,turtle ,birds ect. I didnt even use shoe or match holder.
Now we know the era that pattern was used.

would agree the round one was probably a compact of some sort for makeup, have found several of those. Cools finds, CO