Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

Found Key date 1931s Wheaty

robez509

Not exactly sure when we found this, but I know it was this year.

Due to short days and work, we can't get out on the field. So, we did the next best thing, catalog our wheaty finds.

Emptied a pile of about 50-60 and went thru them all with a list of key dates.

We sort of hit the jack pot.
Found a 1924d, 1926s and the famous 1931s.

The 1931s is in rough condition but I still love it.

Make sure and check your weaties and good luck!!!

Outstanding! :clapping: I will have to go through the wheaties! I've been putting it off waiting for some real bad weather where I cant get out to hunt..:lmfao:
Mud

CZconnoisseur said:
Awesome Wheatie! You should give it a long soak in olive oil to bring out a few more details!

Got it soaking in some olive oil now, I'll post some pics in a couple weeks or so.
Thanks for the tip CZ.

mudpuppy said:
Outstanding! :clapping: I will have to go through the wheaties! I've been putting it off waiting for some real bad weather where I cant get out to hunt..:lmfao:
Mud

Don't believe this Mud hunts when it 30 below and 115 degrees.He is just being LAZY.HH

That's a real nice date to find. I've gone away from soaking in olive oil because it is organic and I'll spare the dissertation. I like 3 in 1 penetrating oil best, Vaseline has usefulness on dug big copper as well. Those cents that are bronze do well in the 3in 1 or light oil. The first thing I do on valuable copper and bronze items is treatment with Verdicare, available from coin chemical suppliers. It's great stuff and arrests the verdigris often seen on indian cents, large cents and early wheats. There I go again....yaking away.
Good job finding those in your dug cents - congrats! :clapping:
HH - Bruce