Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

Found My 1st Seated ~ and it's a DOOZIE!

MickTwin

Hunted a farm field a couple weekends ago and got lucky... I found my very first seated coin and it's an early one! Check out the 1839 quarter! Not much else found that day, but this coin made it all worth while. 4 inches with a borrowed Etrac, Solid 12-47 - my grandmother could have found it (and may have been the one who lost it, since she's been dead a long time) LOL! Any members good at grading coins? Any guesses? Cheers! Rob

wbfbdz.jpg
2j0nn78.jpg

One fine looking coin with very good detail. I can't tell you the name of the site,but I was on one that you can get a idea as to what the might be. Google---Grading Coins---------after1---------Nice Find

Mick Twin. Looks like it was dropped as soon as she got it. Beautiful find. Congrats on the seated. It's still on my to do list.

Congrats on one outstanding find you have there!!!

Holy Cats! Don't get much better than that :thumbup:

After looking at values, that must be a $400 coin. Absolutely beautiful detail! Great find, I have yet to find a seated quarter...still on my wish list. Congratulations!

Amazingly beautiful coin! I'd say on the higher end of XF.Congrats!

That coin is in excellent shape. Not sure of the grading but I am sure it is HIGH

Came out of the ground like this... I'm sure I didn't scratch it, but:

20zebnb.jpg

Hasn't anyone noticed the scratches on the obverse, or is everyone too polite to point it out? I'm not sure how much that adversely affects the value - lucky they're near the bottom of Lady Liberty and not across her head area.

Rob (MickTwin)

I'm a prefessional at grating coins!!! I'd grate it as OMG!!! LOL. Congrats on the perfect find!!! I think you should come to my yard and loose it!!!

Super nice piece and an early date to boot. I'd put it at a VF-35. IMHO it doesn't quite make XF, but what do I know, I've only been collecting coins for more than 50 years and was a contributor to the Redbook from about 95-03. Unless you plan to sell it sometime soon, technical grade doesn't mean anything. It's a beauty.

That's a fantastic find. Nice job getting that thing out of the ground with no damage.