Find's Treasure Forums

NOTICE:
This new forum is now ACTIVE. You should be able to log in using the same username and password however if your username contain a comma then you need to log in on the new forum without the comma in your username
Example:
SteveB Main, Mo
remove the comma like this
SteveB Main Mo

If you have any questions or need assistance with this, click here to go to Find's Support Desk form

IF YOU ARE NOT ABLE TO LOG IN, CLICK HERE TO RESET AND HAVE NEW PASSWORD EMAIL TO YOU

Found my first Confederate button today!

vwpittman

I was so excited to see this pop out of the ground! I just got permission to hunt this property earlier this week, and today was my first time out detecting. I also found a few percussion caps and piece of buck shot. A great day detecting to say the least!
4708FB85-0A2A-4B0F-AAFD-2A2BEBC8A523.jpeg

vwpittman

I don’t see any markings on the back, the shank has broken off. I don’t know if the button is suppose to be a one or two piece?

vwpittman

Ok, it is a one piece button, no back mark of any kind.

vwpittman

Congrats! How did you clean it? It looks great.
I used a toothpick to clean all the crevices and lightly used a worn out toothbrush under warm water. I have several yankee buttons with guilt remaining, but nothing like this one!

7centsworth

That is absolutely a breath taking find. I would still be trying to catch my breath. A big congratulations.

Last edited:

7centsworth

Had to edit my above post. I don’t realize my phone had changed some of the words. And it didn’t even make since. Lol