Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

Found My First Grave.. đź’€

fastdraw

The wife and I took a "Free Style" treasure hunting trip today.

After 1:15 min driving on a Shitt? Dirt road and 7200-ft altitude. We pulled over at a spot that looked like it might have some prospects.

We split up and started hunting.....

After about 30 min. I got some good tones, right next to some old cast iron metal post sticking out of the ground. So I start digging. I got down about 6-inches and hit a broken up grave stone. It was marked as follows.. W.M. Donovan. USS SF-38

That's when I stood up, and noticed the slight depression in the ground about 4 feet wide and 6 ft long.

Whoo...!!!

I just left it as I uncovered it.

IT is what it is guys:look:

Attachments

• big treasure.jpg
    big treasure.jpg
    109.4 KB · Views: 74
  • coil # 1.jpg
    coil # 1.jpg
    20.6 KB · Views: 69
  • color detecting.jpg
    color detecting.jpg
    59.2 KB · Views: 73
  • digger.jpg
    digger.jpg
    134.7 KB · Views: 73
  • dirt fishing.jpg
    dirt fishing.jpg
    29.3 KB · Views: 77
  • hunter 4.jpg
    hunter 4.jpg
    25.3 KB · Views: 80
  • metal boots.jpg
    metal boots.jpg
    141.3 KB · Views: 92
  • meta whisper.jpg
    meta whisper.jpg
    127.3 KB · Views: 72
  • metal det find.jpg
    metal det find.jpg
    157 KB · Views: 72
Now you’ll need to do a internet search on that name and see what comes up.
Maybe that area was his property and he was buried on it. If not his property - that is very strange.
Tony

Nearly every state has burial laws and guidelines. Best advise I could offer is GPS and report to county Sheriff’s Office. The site would probably be left as is unless some other restriction or law supersedes. It may be just belongings or it could be an actual burial point. Since his military info was included makes me think the family knows. Interesting situation for sure.

Interesting Find... Googling that name Woodrow Malcolm Donovan comes up with this obituary about a person with the same name that was born in 1938 and died in 2006.. Also, in the USN....Perhaps a son? The obituary lists this WMD's children, perhaps they are reachable if you wanted to find out more if they are related to the gravestone you found. It looks like