Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

Found my Great Grandfather’s headstone

2 Much Trash

Means a lot to me

Attachments

• 7143EAEF-F4C7-413C-A218-44224444D5AA.jpeg
    7143EAEF-F4C7-413C-A218-44224444D5AA.jpeg
    44.6 KB · Views: 316
That is very important. Good job!

Means a lot to me
You have every right to be Proud. It is important that they are all remembered for the hardships and sacrifices that they endured during that horrible war. Those soldiers wife's and children suffered too during their absence and service. Lest we forget. God Bless them All. You probably already know this, but your Grandfather also qualifies for the Southern Cross grave marker. Congrat's on locating your Grandfathers gravesite. I'm sure it would have meant as much to him to be remembered as it does to you.

Be very proud of him, he was and still is a very important part of our history. They can try, but never , never erase it from us. He fought for his state, God bless him.You should read up on the history of the 15th NC.

I just looked your G, Grandfather up for the 15 NC, He's listed on the roster. Regiment was the 5th NC and renamed the 15th NC when mustered in to the Confederacy. Unit saw a lot of action. Very interesting read.:csflag:

I just looked your G, Grandfather up for the 15 NC, He's listed on the roster. Regiment was the 5th NC and renamed the 15th NC when mustered in to the Confederacy. Unit saw a lot of action. Very interesting read.:csflag:
Hunter, thanks so much for your interest in this. I’ve recently learned that when his original enlistment was up he re-enlisted for the duration of the war. I have learned much about the actions of the 15th NC but am finding it difficult to find more information on the particular actions of Co. A.
Bill

Hunter, thanks so much for your interest in this. I’ve recently learned that when his original enlistment was up he re-enlisted for the duration of the war. I have learned much about the actions of the 15th NC but am finding it difficult to find more information on the particular actions of Co. A.
Bill
Finding CW info by co unit is sometimes difficult. I like to read about Zuave regiments, North and South. Sometimes when I research a particular battle the regiment was in , sometimes will tell what co was where or what they did.Try researching all that was written about the battles the 15th was in. I do know from reading they were on garrison duty , and missed Gettysburg. But were transfered intime for the Richmond and Petersburg campains. I have found the best way to find small unit action is by looking at detailed maps of the battles. They will sometimes show where co's were stationed. I love CW history. Good luck. :csflag:

That I said really cool. I found one my cousins tombstone last year that was in the civil war. And it was a good feeling seeing it.
My great-grandfather fought in the Civil War, from the state of Kansas ? I don't really know much about his war record but do know that he survived the war & died later! G-Grandma drew on his Civil War pension for her children still living at home! I loved my grandmother, her daughter born among 12 children including sets of twins, I was blessed to be born on G-Grandma's birthday because of my love for my grandma--my dad's mother! Never able to see & love mom's mother because grandma died in 1918 during the Spanish Flu Pandemic--My mother was almost seven & her sister wasn't quite 5; so both grew up without a mother as grandpa never remarried! I thank all our brave men & women who fought in wars to save our Constitution Rights that I pray will not be lost now because , hopefully, U. S. Patriotic Citizens will be willing to rise up & save our Republic form being taken over by EVIL DOERS, whether they be Foreign or Domestic Terrorists or both! Please Lord give us godly wisdom & Your strength to be willing to rise up & fight for the salvation of the USA & its People by Your people, called by Your name Jesus. Praying & telling the Gospel Truth about Your love for us & greatness to willingly help us fight the battles for Righteousness & Morality which is GOOD for all people Christian Believes & sinners alike! Amen! Praise You God in Jesus' name for Your saving grace for the healing of nations & its people! Love You Lord! Your Child, Ma Betty

Related question here if I may.....
I dug that 38 Rimfire Short case awhile back. Fastdraw was able to pinpoint the manufactured date of 1860-65. CW Vets came out west via the Oregon Trail during the gold era and some were known to have came north to the gold rush in Idaho and on to Alaska. Is there any source of info that I might access that might indicate who came up or settled in my area? I have a couple last names that were the original home builders but not sure if they were the land owner. A shot in the dark but just maybe?

Wow, how awesome is that!! You should be very proud! My mom and dad were geneaologists and I have pics
of kin's graves from CW but I have never visited them personally. They are located all over the country. Mostly
rebs with a few yanks. Love that they used the original pointed headstone! Congrats, sir!!
HH okie

According to the roster of company A and going by soldiers who were listed as killed, wounded, or missing and where it occurred, here’s a list of battles company A was involved in
Yorktown, Va
Sharpsburg/Antietam
Fredericksburg
South Mountain
Hanover Junction
Suffolk
Malvern Hill/Seven Days Battle
Lees Farm/Lee’s Mill

I hope I’m not boring you guys to death with this thread 🙂

According to the roster of company A and going by soldiers who were listed as killed, wounded, or missing and where it occurred, here’s a list of battles company A was involved in
Yorktown, Va
Sharpsburg/Antietam
Fredericksburg
South Mountain
Hanover Junction
Suffolk
Malvern Hill/Seven Days Battle
Lees Farm/Lee’s Mill

I hope I’m not boring you guys to death with this thread 🙂
Are you kidding? Not boring in the least. It looks like your Grandad's regiment fought in and saw action in most battles that My Grandad's regiment was engaged. My Great Great Grandfathers name was Pvt. William E. Jenkins and he served in the 44th Georgia Volunteer Infantry Co. D, Army of Northern Virginia. Keep the info coming.