Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

Found my Great Grandfather’s headstone

My great-grandfather fought in the Civil War, from the state of Kansas ? I don't really know much about his war record but do know that he survived the war & died later! G-Grandma drew on his Civil War pension for her children still living at home! I loved my grandmother, her daughter born among 12 children including sets of twins, I was blessed to be born on G-Grandma's birthday because of my love for my grandma--my dad's mother! Never able to see & love mom's mother because grandma died in 1918 during the Spanish Flu Pandemic--My mother was almost seven & her sister wasn't quite 5; so both grew up without a mother as grandpa never remarried! I thank all our brave men & women who fought in wars to save our Constitution Rights that I pray will not be lost now because , hopefully, U. S. Patriotic Citizens will be willing to rise up & save our Republic form being taken over by EVIL DOERS, whether they be Foreign or Domestic Terrorists or both! Please Lord give us godly wisdom & Your strength to be willing to rise up & fight for the salvation of the USA & its People by Your people, called by Your name Jesus. Praying & telling the Gospel Truth about Your love for us & greatness to willingly help us fight the battles for Righteousness & Morality which is GOOD for all people Christian Believes & sinners alike! Amen! Praise You God in Jesus' name for Your saving grace for the healing of nations & its people! Love You Lord! Your Child, Ma Betty
OOPS--I make so many GOOFS --I guess I need to be called, GOOFY OLE LADY! Ma :)

Found my Great grandfather's stone too my mother remembered him when she was young. He was severely wounded at the battle of Moore's Mill in July of 1862 and unable to serve the rest of the war from mini ball to the groin. After digging my first 3 ringer I don't see how he survived or functioned at all with a wound from one of those.

Attachments

• 83887088_1447479317.jpg
    83887088_1447479317.jpg
    34.5 KB · Views: 154
Found my Great grandfather's stone too my mother remembered him when she was young. He was severely wounded at the battle of Moore's Mill in July of 1862 and unable to serve the rest of the war from mini ball to the groin. After digging my first 3 ringer I don't see how he survived or functioned at all with a wound from one of those.
Awesome story. tencents!! Looks like he had a long life, hopefully he lived it without too much pain.
HH okie

Awesome! 👍

Means a lot to me
That is so cool. Of course it won't be long for the make up our own version of history crowd will insist that all confederate graves stones be removed because they are offended. Don't think I am kidding.