Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

Found & Returned 40 yr old Class Ring

Cyber Rosco

Found a 40 year old Gold, University Class ring and re-united it with its owner today. It only took a matter of minutes to locate the person using the Internet. The person said they had lost several rings in the past -- but this particular ring had the most sentimental value to him. He lost the ring, the day before he got married. He was playing baseball and not hitting very well. So, he took his ring off and set it down, next to the bench, and when he returned to go home -- the ring was gone! He was so panicked that he lost it and looked for hours -- naturally, he thought it was gone forever. He was very appreciative that someone would take the time to return something of such value. His quote was, "There are not too many people around, like you, who would make such an effort to return such a sentimental treasure." So, the ring and its rightful owner have been re-united...AND....I made a new friend in the process! :)

Thanks for sharing the story and returning the ring. We as finders seldom have any idea what the sentimental value is on a found object, some much greater than others.

That's pretty cool, congrats!

Wow! Nice job there Cyber...its always good to hear the story of the "drop" it makes us wonder how it happened, so I think a good story of the drop is worth the effort of the return.:clapping:
Mud

Rosco,
You've done a great thing for all of us. This is the positive side of metal detecting and is what will eventually open doors for all of us.
I too have experienced the pure joy of reuniting something valuable with its owner and it is such a rush.

However, I'm currently trying to reunite a 1980 class ring with its owner and am not having an easy time of it. Some people I've emailed want to know who I am and where I got their email address, most have not answered me, one person said it was hers but got the color wrong and didn't know where she lost it. It take peserverence but having experienced the great feeling of doing it once, I'll get'er done.

Mac

"However, I'm currently trying to reunite a 1980 class ring with its owner and am not having an easy time of it. Some people I've emailed want to know who I am and where I got their email address, most have not answered me, one person said it was hers but got the color wrong and didn't know where she lost it. It take peserverence but having experienced the great feeling of doing it once, I'll get'er done."

Togamac - My name is Mike, and I've been detecting for about 15 years out here in CA. I might be able to help you find the lost party of that ring. Class rings are a specialty and I've got a lot of research sites that I have at my disposal. If you would like for me to try, just let me know. My phone # is 831-578-9852, or email me at ASLmike@me.com. Let me know.

I lost my 1980 class ring. Clarkstown South High School. Lost it in 1981 in Gettysburg, Pa. I often wonder where it ended up and if it will ever show up.

I lost my 1980 class ring in San Diego back in the early 1990's. Write me to let me know what details you need if it's a high school man's ring.