Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

Found & Returned!

Dale(Ia)

One of the farmers whose land me and my hunting partner hunt on alot told use a few weeks ago that he had lost his gold wedding band out in a field when he was mowing with a big bat wing tractor mower. He lost it ( he thought) when he stopped to clean out weeds around a drainage pipe. Today he showed us where he thought he lost it and we hunted there for an hour but never found it.
We questioned him more & found out he had earlier stopped & cleaned the bean fodder out of the mower on the edge of a drainage ditch....so off we went accross the field to check it out. Happily, within one minute after getting there I found the ring under six inches of bean fodder in deep grass!
Needless to say, he was VERY pleased & tried to pay us! We of course refused....but he told us of two other farms along the river he owns & that we were welcome to hunt anytime!:super:
Sorry, I didn't have my camera with me to get a picture.
Iowa Dale

Great job Dale! I've done this as well and its fun. Got you in good with him too. I hope you unearth some great finds in the new spots!

NebTrac

WTG Dale............I have found many times, information on where someone thinks they lost a ring and where they actually lost it can be way off the mark.......good carma for you and your hunting partner! :clap:

Way to go!

I agree with Hawkeye Jim. I have looked for lost rings before and memory of where it was lost can be way off.

Being helpful is always the right thing to do.

Your good deed will pay off in spades!

Thanks for helping give our hobby a good name.

Hardy

I once searched for an entire day, in a large backyard for a very tiny hearing aid. Didn't find it because it was never out there, it was found under the sofa in the house, where the guy takes his naps.....oh well.....nge

nge said:
I once searched for an entire day, in a large backyard for a very tiny hearing aid. Didn't find it because it was never out there, it was found under the sofa in the house, where the guy takes his naps.....oh well.....nge

Hopefully you found some good stuff in the yard!?

Nice job ! That will give you years of land to roam and search. All that land for one little ring, small price to pay !

Dale(Ia) said:
nge said:

Hopefully you found some good stuff in the yard!?
Found a sterling silver spoon and some old Matchbox cars and trucks....nge