Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

found some cool videos from Jeff W on YouTube

tvanwho

Just watched this YouTube video on Jeff Williams father show and tell on 3 old ghost towns and mines in Nevada with old fashioned photos and whats there today too.
Jeff has 171 videos on his YouTube channel geared mostly towards gold prospecting ,ghost towns, survival in the desert and Nevada specifically. He is quite a character at times so just bear with him I learnt a ton of info on locating gold ores and what they actually look like, as in Limonite, Copper carbonate, Calcite, pyrite, Quartz monzonite like Steve H used to tell us about up in Alaska. He also shows us how to Dry pan in the desert with a Garrett Supersluice gold pan, the use of a trommel,building and using Rock Crushers, making a gold bead from flour gold , using a Whites GMT in old gold mines to locate pockets, where and what to dig in the desert for likely gold placer dirt, how to start a fire with a flashlight or gum wrappers or the bow and string trick., dangers of old mines, etc, etc....heck I dunno how I actually remembered all this stuff? I've been looking for How to Videos and gold ore photos for a long time and this guy has a lot of them,all in color...gold is NOT in just quartz rocks for sure and free milling gold ores is what Jeff keeps telling his viewers is the key for us small time prospectors.Dunno if we are allowed to mention other websites here or not? So, just look for Ask Jeff Williams on You Tube to watch his videos. Maybe Steve can look Jeff up since Jeff is in Las Vegas area. He is an auto mechanic by trade, got into prospecting via his father,kinda like Steve did..

-Tom V.

Gotta find the Goooooold!
I couldn't have said it better what you wrote about him...... he is a character and my grandson imitates him.I've watched just about every video he made.Laughed a lot and learned a lot.
AskJeffWilliams

I've watched most of his videos and like him too! I'm hoping to be hitting the goldfields somewhat soon myself...so c'mon, lets go!! Lol