Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

Found the Bezel but the Coin Got Away

Clad2Hunt

Pulled a few keepers from a hard hunted yard yesterday. The toy car is from forties or fifties and is a Tootsie Roadster #4. Wheels and even the shifter is still attached. Goes great with the others I have found. The Silver bezel has had a large coin in it at one time. Bezel is 19.2 grams of silver. My Peace dollar fits in the hole. Will be going back over that site again soon. Looked like and came up on E Trac MD like a silver dollar. 1-47 and the sweet sound you expect. Still looked like one in the hole. Close but no cigar. Can't believe this was missed as many hunters that have been there. Also 3 wheat pennies w one being a 1917. Close to 100 years old and in the ground I would bet 50 of those. I guess no one digs nickels, I dug 8 in this yard with no silver coins but old enough for it to have some. Have pulled 23 Jefferson's out of 2 yards on last 2 hunts. Not at a park but yards. Used the tight park trash pattern that locks down the coin range. Nickels shine through all the trash if you listen for them. Always hoping for the buffalo to come along. Thanks for looking. HH JR

That's a pretty neat find. Too bad the Silver Dollar wasn't in there! Thanks for the pictures.

NebTrac

Too bad we couldn't find the dollar when we went back last week! That place keeps on giving, but it is getting harder to find stuff now.