Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

Found the Owner who lost her class ring before she graduated in 1958.

Grunter

I found a class ring several months ago from a defunct H.S., class of 1958. After weeks of research and the assistance of some very nice people I located the owner. I'm making arrangements to return it to her. She was very elated to hear about it being found and says she lost it before she graduated.

That is fantastic and I bet you made her day. Be sure to get pictures of the return and if you found it with a White's detector, it could be worth another $100 in Mdse to you.

Nothing to be sorry about, maybe you can get your return in the Garrett newsletter. You can also submit your return to the local papers with a little story..... happy news, they love that stuff and good for the hobby and you too.

I contacted the owners husband today to make absolutly sure the ring was returned to her. He said Yes it was and she was so Happy she cried and was so Thankful. He said she would like to take me to lunch. Her husband said he was very appreciative too and that there were so few people left in this world that had my character and who would have been as generous. He said Thank You so much. I said you and your wife are more than Welcome! He says she writes alot and is going to do a write-up on it and he would send me a copy. He says he has told about 20-30 people about it and is still telling it. I said Thank You. That felt Good better than the feeling I would have received for selling it as scrape gold. That was not scrape Gold, that was a real treasure.

Great story and hat's off to you for having a good heart. The feeling you get from doing something like this just amazing.

The article about this find made the front page of our small town newspaper. I tried to scan it to share it but no luck. If you would like to read it, it is in the Thursday,June 21,2012 edition of The Southwest Times.

If anyone will upload this article mentioned above it makes for a good read for our hobby. I can't seem to be able to do it. The address of the article is southwesttimes.com