Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

Found WWII Dog Tag - Returned To Family

coast40

I found this dog tag at an old house site that is being torn down for development in my small town. My first find with the AT Pro. Internet research found that the tag owner was the brother of the previous resident of the house. A friend told me where to find the closest family member, and today I gave the tag to the grand niece of the dog tag owner. She was thankful because the dog tag will be united with her great uncle's military discharge papers. They didn't know the dog tag existed. The family last lived in the house 20 years ago. The great uncle passed away from the hiccups in 1976.

Good job coast40!! It's great to be able to return an item to a family member if not to the original owner. Best of luck and...

Happy Hunting!
Blind Squirrel

Good Return. Items like that mean far more to those family members than they ever would to us who find them.

Great return... Way to go and congrats..