Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

Four silver dimes and a quarter before the storm.

dfmike

I took the Equinox 600 out for possibly the last time this year since the first winter storm is in the forecast (actually started while I'm writing this). It was another productive 4 hour hunt in the woods. Same spot I was in last time and I found these 4 silver dimes and a silver quarter. I also found 8 pennies from the same dates. None of the silver targets were easy to read. They were all masked to some degree by rusty nails and/or rusty bottle caps. This place has been hunted a lot so I'm happy to find silver when I can. I really wonder about the Manticore at this point. Since all the good targets are now masked beyond what most single frequency detectors can find, the Manticore could possibly do a killing here if its performance at unmasking is proven substantially better than the "old" Nox. I've got a hunting buddy that has a Manticore on order and it will be interesting to witness what it can do in these parts.
The ring was also an interesting find. By the ID I was pretty sure it was silver initially. It turns out it is junk metal that could have been silver plated at one time. I found numerous religious pendants around here but its my first religious ring. I was surprised to see that it was made in Czechoslovakia. It must have looked pretty before it disappeared underground.

I hope I'll get out again before spring but with 10+ inches of snow in the forecast, I doubt it. I'll be reading all I can on the Manticore if I can't make it out. HH everyone.

Attachments

• finds-dec001.jpg
    finds-dec001.jpg
    156.9 KB · Views: 65
  • finds-dec002.jpg
    finds-dec002.jpg
    160.2 KB · Views: 72
  • finds-dec003.jpg
    finds-dec003.jpg
    122.2 KB · Views: 68
  • finds-dec004.jpg
    finds-dec004.jpg
    122 KB · Views: 65
  • finds-dec005.jpg
    finds-dec005.jpg
    81.8 KB · Views: 66
Good on the silver and I suspect you are correct on the ring being beautiful at one time. Nice hunting. HH jim tn