Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

FREE :yikes:Accessories

Dude

So I'm looking at different dealers and all most all of them offer free accessories with detectors sold. I even came across one where the detector was $399 and the accessories where $388 in value. I would say the options where worth $50.
I would rather be given $388 off the detector and they keep the accessories or at least be given a discount if I didn't want the accessories.

I also think the manufacturer should supply a set of headphones for each of their detectors. I'm surprised they don't they could be tuned just to that detector, color coordinated and their brand and model logo put on it.

CHECK around. Some dealers give some good accessories. Some not so good. Carry bags to protect your investment in my opinion should come with the detector also coil covers. Just check around before you buy. HH :minelab::fisher::teknetics:

Dude ... we all long for the good 'ol days!:rage:

It's called marketing! ... and it's designed to make you feel good about spending $$$. Make someone think their getting something for nothing and they feel better about the deal.:rofl:

Also, it's called RPM (for 'resale price maintenance') and it was illegal in the not too distant past (changed in late 90's). It's where manufacturers set the lowest price a product can be sold for...but dealers can throw in 'free accessories' if they choose, that way they are not selling the product below the 'set price' and are probably not violating agreements with the manufacturer.:ban: You can do a search for 'resale price maintenance', or 'vertical price fixing' or 'horizontal price fixing', or the Sherman Act to learn more about it. Throwing in accessories can also be a good way for dealers to move 'old inventory' that needs to go, so you may or may not be able to 'negotiate' for accessories you would prefer.

To sum up, RPM is not just used by MD manufacturers & dealers...but by manufacturers and dealers of most products.

I've been around long enough to remember when you could actually buy a new car without having to buy options you don't want or need! Today, it seems every ad ends with "...BUT WAIT, order today and we'll include another one for free, just pay additional S&H". Geeze:rant:

Some of the accessories with these detectors are over inflated far above their $$ value.The pinpointers don't work well,diggers that bend digging sand,and headphones that are such a poor quality that they can't be used.Most of the time a resale will get you a couple of bucks.HH Ron

Feel free to give me a call. I throw in great accessories people actually use. Always call for best price! ;)

Yeah What Bart Said,,,,GL & HH............Pat