Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

French fur trade silvers

laplander

Administrator
Staff member
Went on a fun hunt with my detecting buddy Dale the other day. His site and I was honored to get the invite. The Nox was hitting on all cylinders, and I managed to pull some tiny pieces of trade goods from the iron. The triangle piece with a hole in it and the part of a circle {ring broach} are silver and the tinkle cone are brass. The drilled shank button with the star dates from the early 1700's. The cut quarter silver and Merc dime are for reference only.
Thanks for the hunt, Dale!
HH Jeff

Attachments

• 20220429_182735.jpg
    20220429_182735.jpg
    829.2 KB · Views: 115
  • 20220429_182721.jpg
    20220429_182721.jpg
    895 KB · Views: 117
  • 20220429_182639.jpg
    20220429_182639.jpg
    1.2 MB · Views: 117
That is one heck of an old button!
I had to do research on the tinkle cones as I was not familiar… but I am now lol
Very nice finds!!

Well my mind went elsewhere with “tinkle” cones but now I know better!! Neat finds!!

Thanks Jimmy it one heck of an old site.
Made you learn something new, always a good day!
Yes you did. Thank you for the history lesson.