Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

Frequency?

mascard1

It says in the manual..that the 600..only uses 3 frequencies in Multi....and 5 frequencies on the 800?

Multi-IQ Technology

EQUINOX 600 offers 3 single frequencies of 5 kHz, 10
kHz, 15 kHz in addition to Multi, giving a 3 times (×3)
range or ratio from 5 kHz to 15 kHz, hence the 3F×3
technology designation.
EQUINOX 800 offers 5 single frequencies of 5 kHz, 10
kHz, 15 kHz, 20 kHz, and 40 kHz in addition to Multi,
giving an expanded 8 times (×:geek: range or ratio from 5
kHz to 40 kHz.

mascard1 said:
It says in the manual..that the 600..only uses 3 frequencies in Multi....and 5 frequencies on the 800?

Multi-IQ Technology

EQUINOX 600 offers 3 single frequencies of 5 kHz, 10
kHz, 15 kHz in addition to Multi, giving a 3 times (×3)
range or ratio from 5 kHz to 15 kHz, hence the 3F×3
technology designation.
EQUINOX 800 offers 5 single frequencies of 5 kHz, 10
kHz, 15 kHz, 20 kHz, and 40 kHz in addition to Multi,
giving an expanded 8 times (×:geek: range or ratio from 5
kHz to 40 kHz.

Absolutely wrong sir. The 600 can only use 5 kHz, 10 kHz, 15 kHz as a single frequency, It uses 5 kHz, 10 kHz, 15 kHz, 20 kHz, and 40 kHz in Multi-IQ. Page 29 in the manual, "* 20 kHz and 40 kHz are not available as single operating frequencies in EQUINOX 600. The Multi-IQ frequency range shown applies to both EQUINOX 600 and 800. This diagram is representative only. Actual sensitivity levels will depend upon target types and sizes, ground conditions and detector settings."

This would not be the first time ML contradicted itself ! It does it in the Safari / Quatro manual too !

ML spec sheet shows the 600 operating freqs of multi, 5, 10 & 15
Only has park, field & beach. There is NO gold preset.

800 sheet shows Multi, 5, 10, 15, 20 & 40 & has a gold preset.
IIRC originally the 800 on gold was to run 20 OR 40 but 20 AND 40 were added.

We also have a language barrier. I have talked to quite a few & it can be challenging especially on the
radio ! You can also tell an Australian from a N.Z. ( VK's & ZL's) after a few sentences.

HH
Tom
LFOD !

I copied this right from instructions!...I saw where it says the opposite of what I posted.. talk about twisted words !