Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

Fresh water hunt with the Anfibio?

Big Treble

Here in WI beach hunting is not too common. The big issue is all Wi Department of Natural Resources controlled property is totally off limits to detecting. I actually should say virtually, since if you have one particular item you are specifically looking for you may apply for a permit, but everything else found must be turned in.

That being said, that leaves us to county, city or private beaches, and once you get into the water, the laws get fuzzy again, since then the DNR claims control of all "Navigable waters".

Enough of that, I plan to try to hit a county beach, and since my dirty thirty has never been dunked and is out of warranty, I'd thought I'd try the Anfibio. What programs have other used in fresh water with success?

On the Multi Kruzer I use 7" concentric coil in fresh water MI. I live too far from the Sea
3 tone
19 Hz
70 Gain is ok
I turn on Vibration
Water Proof Head Phones
Found a gold chain last year and it came in at 12 - buzzed as iron - so I lowered my Iron tone to end at 9 - so 10 is mid tone 10 k woman's Gold ring was at 22 - so I dig everything in the water - 10 and up.
I think you will be amazed on all the small stuff you get
Sunday I got men's Tungsten-Titanium Ring. That rang in 22 also.

I have a 10" scoop with 3/8" holes - Some items are smaller than the 3/8" holes and it escapes

This week end I am heading to see my Brother in Ohio on a big lake - going to try down there.

https://www.findmall.com/read.php?100,2454699

I go between gen mode and 2 tone. I adjusted audio so that there is no iron tone in gen mode, I find it annoying that when things get deep it all sounds like iron anyway. In 2 tone it gives a nice nuanced audio that the other modes don't offer. Personally the only time I ever use 3 tone is in really trashy areas which is what it was designed for. It's not as deep as the other modes but has a super fast target response until you up the gain to 90 where it becomes a high gain, deep, normal 3 tone.
I keep the disc low, usually at the preset 7 and like Coin rescue said, dig the low #'s and iffy ones too as many deep targets and targets on edge give poor/ iffy signals.
I try stick with the 9.5 concentric, it slices through water a little nicer than the big 11" and helps for the iron. I still dig more bottle caps than I'd like but I've been surprised a few times too.
Gain, at 50 you have a nice modulated audio that isn't too chirpy even if the ground is heavily mineralized, I usually never go higher than 70 as I've found it doesn't get a whole lot deeper with higher gain, it just starts falsing and chirping more.
Isat as low as you can go for better nauanced audio as well as depth. The only time this needs to be played with is when a faster re-tune is needed like super trashy areas or around kids metal play equipment.
14khz for decent sensitivity to gold & silver, at the same time it is a nice medium for not being too sparky around the iron.
ID depth high.
I also use a 3/8 scoop.
Nice machine.
Good luck.

Coin Rescue Inc said:
On the Multi Kruzer I use 7" concentric coil in fresh water MI. I live too far from the Sea
3 tone
19 Hz
70 Gain is ok
I turn on Vibration
Water Proof Head Phones
Found a gold chain last year and it came in at 12 - buzzed as iron - so I lowered my Iron tone to end at 9 - so 10 is mid tone 10 k woman's Gold ring was at 22 - so I dig everything in the water - 10 and up.
I think you will be amazed on all the small stuff you get
Sunday I got men's Tungsten-Titanium Ring. That rang in 22 also.

I have a 10" scoop with 3/8" holes - Some items are smaller than the 3/8" holes and it escapes

This week end I am heading to see my Brother in Ohio on a big lake - going to try down there.

https://www.findmall.com/read.php?100,2454699

Thanks, I appreciate it. Good info!

thump7 said:
I go between gen mode and 2 tone. I adjusted audio so that there is no iron tone in gen mode, I find it annoying that when things get deep it all sounds like iron anyway. In 2 tone it gives a nice nuanced audio that the other modes don't offer. Personally the only time I ever use 3 tone is in really trashy areas which is what it was designed for. It's not as deep as the other modes but has a super fast target response until you up the gain to 90 where it becomes a high gain, deep, normal 3 tone.
I keep the disc low, usually at the preset 7 and like Coin rescue said, dig the low #'s and iffy ones too as many deep targets and targets on edge give poor/ iffy signals.
I try stick with the 9.5 concentric, it slices through water a little nicer than the big 11" and helps for the iron. I still dig more bottle caps than I'd like but I've been surprised a few times too.
Gain, at 50 you have a nice modulated audio that isn't too chirpy even if the ground is heavily mineralized, I usually never go higher than 70 as I've found it doesn't get a whole lot deeper with higher gain, it just starts falsing and chirping more.
Isat as low as you can go for better nauanced audio as well as depth. The only time this needs to be played with is when a faster re-tune is needed like super trashy areas or around kids metal play equipment.
14khz for decent sensitivity to gold & silver, at the same time it is a nice medium for not being too sparky around the iron.
ID depth high.
I also use a 3/8 scoop.
Nice machine.
Good luck.

So if you run 2 tone, but silence the iron, where is your break point? Or do you essentially have a 1 tone machine?

Big Treble said:
thump7 said:
ID depth high.
I also use a 3/8 scoop.
Nice machine.
Good luck.

So if you run 2 tone, but silence the iron, where is your break point? Or do you essentially have a 1 tone machine?

If you did that in 2tone, yes, you would have a single tone machine. I leave the 2 tone as a normal 2 tone machine with iron volume just audible at 2 or 3 volume level... but, in gen mode I turn the iron tone into same tone as high tone so I don't get the iron grunt - just a high tone in gen mode, even when going over iron. If need be, I can look at screen for id.