Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

Fri & Sat finds - Seated .10, heart doohickey,...

BlackX

On Fri. night after work, went back to where I'd found the Seated Quarter 2 weeks ago and, along with some wheats and one IH, pulled up this stuff. Anyone know what the heart doohickey is for? (I wondered if it was horse gear decoration.) The tiny hammer is kind of cute. I presume the two things in the middle are suspender like gear. Not sure what the valve on the right and the button/snap-like thing are for.

[attachment 120510 Whttmr_heart+objcts001.jpg]

Then on Sat.--after my first time asking permission asking random people to search their 1800s house (and not finding much and them asking me to leave when they left)--headed out to a cellar hole where I'd found some relics and, quite some time back, my first flat button. Wondered around out into the surrounding woods and found this seated dime along with a few IHs I have yet to H202.

[attachment 120511 1875-Seated-Dime006-007.jpg]

Towards the end, found these two large iron doohickeys back towards the cellar hole. This is the same place a friend and I found much larger iron rings that the online concensus seemed to be were wagon hub rings. Don't know what these are but wonder if they're related somehow.

[attachment 120512 WylndWMR_rings003.jpg]

n/t

Way to go, Rich! That dime is in very nice shape. Gridding that site might pop up a few more of Ms. Liberty's sisters. Congrats, and good luck in your future hunts. Johnny

I like it Rich....a few whats its are always fun to find and research....My only guess on the valve looking thing is for water or gas....I don't think plumbing or gas was until the late 1800's to early 1900's...but don't quote me on that....I imagine it mattered how much money you had, and back then, not many.....Nice seated....:cheers:

Very nice rich!!! I for the first time to asked someone to hunt their property for the first time!!! I found some goodies that im going to post tomorrow night!! Keep it up man!! Im jealous about your Seated quarter! Did you post pics of it??
Derrell

Sometimes the whatsits turn into more fun than the coins...second time finds right? once with the detector and again with the identification...sure a nice seated dime though. Good luck.

very nice Rich.that dime might be worth somthing.............it stamped off center .maybe a error coin...nice finds.......good luck and dig more good things