Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

From under the Slab

ahunter

My wife and I have been watching this construction site for some time. There is an area of concrete that is about 60 feet by 120 feet that we know from our research that this spot was a church camp meeting place with no concrete floor about 30 years ago. The entire half block area where the meeting place is located is going to be a concrete paved parking lot.
The awaited day is here, the construction crew is tearing out the 60x120 slab, the foreman said help yourself, however you will have to wait until quitting time which is 5 PM. We get there about 515 PM and start hunting the area which had been under the slab, we hunted the area North to South and went home at dark, the next day we go back and hunt the same area East to West. Don't think we missed a lot we could see our footprints in the sand base which was about 3 to 4 inches deep. We took 109 coins from that area, my wife and her trusty 705 found a 14k gold 1/3ct diamond solitaire ring from that site. Not one single coin was silver, the newest was a 1982 quarter. We had high hopes for a nice bunch of silver, however you cant complain about gold with a diamond.
Sorry no pictures, took some with the phone, but I cant get them on here.

Nice find!

They are supposed to tear up and old street in my town. We have been keeping close watch for when that will be.

I know that I would be going nuts until they tore out the concrete, lol

At least you got a gold ring, congrat's

That was great research to identify what was previously on that site under the slab, congratulations on the the diamond ring find & all the coins, thanks for sharing. HH