Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

Frozen Legend. Help!!

Wild Willy

Yesterday was a fine day with the Legend. Tried various modes and settings and all went well. Today was the day to take it to a field to hopefully recover a few Confederate buttons as in the past but no real finds in the past year. Already had the small coil on so I left as is. I turned the Legend on and that's as far as I got. No buttons worked. Zip. none. The back light was on and showing all the info for the top of the face. On the face was the numbers 50. VDI. I tried everything. Played with all the buttons in various combinations. Tried it with various coils and no coil. That sucker is locked up tighter than a drum. It's sitting in the back of my truck staring at me. Been that way now for 6 hours. I thought of a BIG hammer to end it's misery but immediately thought one shot from my Ruger Redhawk would be more humane. I can always save that for later. Any ideas from you guys? I've had over 55 detectors and never had this happen. Electrons! They are here to invade our world. The little boogers hide everywhere and try to destroy us. Seriously, any help is appreciated. Probably a simple solution but my feeble brain fails me. Thanks for looking and all suggestions are taken seriously except for the one my brother suggested.

Can you remove the battery? If so remove it and reinstall. See if this clears the issue. If not, I’d be calling your dealer.

Is there a factory reset? Hopefully there is. Built in batteries is going to be the way we go forward and if you have a problem like yours, we will be "dead in the water". Good luck and keep us posted.

Guys, thanks for the comments. !- It has a non-removeable battery. 2- No factory reset 3- I disconnected the coil and that didn't help. I I held the power button down for 25 secs. with no change. Tomorrow will disconnect the coil and hold the power butt. for 30 sec. (after disconnect) to see what happens. I emailed Richard of Backwoods Detectors and in a short time called me back. He said the problem will be resolved by Mon. If Richard tells you something you can "take it to the bank" so to speak. After almost 48 years of buying detectors, Richard is the first dealer to get personally involved instead of saying "call the factory". He takes his customer problems real personal. He is simply the best. He must not ever sleep.

Mine isn't freezing but I have to hold the off button down for a good bit of time. The battery isn't removable?

By now that battery should have discharged, and perhaps when you recharge it, it resets on its own? Unless there is a quick fix solution, say pressing down a key, or some series of keys to get it to reset, the chance it could reoccur would not sit well with me. Keep us posted.

Willy, box up the Legend with everything.. I will send you a UPS label. In the morning, I will send you a new machine with updated firmware.. Thanks and sorry for the problem.
I think updating the firmware will address the problem.. HH Richard
This is why Richard is top notch!!

Yesterday was a fine day with the Legend. Tried various modes and settings and all went well. Today was the day to take it to a field to hopefully recover a few Confederate buttons as in the past but no real finds in the past year. Already had the small coil on so I left as is. I turned the Legend on and that's as far as I got. No buttons worked. Zip. none. The back light was on and showing all the info for the top of the face. On the face was the numbers 50. VDI. I tried everything. Played with all the buttons in various combinations. Tried it with various coils and no coil. That sucker is locked up tighter than a drum. It's sitting in the back of my truck staring at me. Been that way now for 6 hours. I thought of a BIG hammer to end it's misery but immediately thought one shot from my Ruger Redhawk would be more humane. I can always save that for later. Any ideas from you guys? I've had over 55 detectors and never had this happen. Electrons! They are here to invade our world. The little boogers hide everywhere and try to destroy us. Seriously, any help is appreciated. Probably a simple solution but my feeble brain fails me. Thanks for looking and all suggestions are taken seriously except for the one my brother suggested.

Question had you installed the 1.05 update yet the issue you are describing is one of the reasons for the update, the new update was supposed to fix those bugs also, I have read of this happening to a couple of other users and it was suggested to hold the power button down for so many seconds and it would reset, I am not sure whether you push a combination of the power button and another button or what so it might be worth a little investigation the info I seen was on the facebook pages for the Legend

I've updated my machine to 1.05 and the screen froze up with no response to any buttons pressed. Then I found this online and it worked.

Reset the device by pressing and holding the Power & Settings Button for 30 seconds. If the problem still exists,
contact technical service.

PLEASE UPDATE YOUR MACHINE TO 1.05 - AS LISTED IN THE ITEMS OF WHAT THE UPDATE INCLUDED ON OUR WEBSITE, SOME BUGS WERE FIXED AND THIS WAS ONE OF THEM! NO NEED TO RETURN THE MACHINE FOR THIS.
THANKS!
How can he update if the screen is frozen and will not turn off?