Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

Frustrated

jimzilla

I think there is a loose wire in the coil. I am getting an error message they says coil not detected. If I play with the coil it comes off and on again. What can I do. Help.

Here is a link to another post that sounds like the same problem. There are some suggestions on things to try to determine if it's a bent pin or maybe a coil/coil wire problem...

http://www.findmall.com/read.php?86,1782953

Another thing to try is the following:

- Slide open your control box so you can see your coil cable and control box cable

- Make sure both are tight.

- Now wiggle/maipulate your control box cable while your machine is on.

Does it act erratically or cause the coil message to show up?

I am convinced that I have a problem with the control box cable getting pinched. I have had a few issues but after sliding open the control box and playing with the cable, it seems the issue has disappeared. I posted my concerns for this cable being pinched a while back and Minelab replaced the cable (very nice of them) however, my new cable pinches even worse and I am having some issues. They already sent me a shipping label to send it in and I will be doing so next week.

I know that the coil is not the problem as I tested another one and it does the same thing. This is what led me to believe that something was going on with the control box cable. The only time I have issues is when the control box is slid shut and the cable is pinched.

I hope this helps and I hope you figure out your problem.

-Marc

Hey Jimmy,
My CTX3030 is on its way back to Chicago! ML is exchanging it since I was experiencing a few issues. One of them had to do with the coil. I feel your frustration, contact MineLab. They were on it the day I called them as well as Bart at Big Boys.

Ang/Mama

I got my problem fixed today thanks to my local dealer. He came through and exchanged coils for me

Glad to hear that you got your problem solved. Now that is a great dealer and one that you can count on. I feel sure that my dealer, would do the same if I ever had a problem. Most of the real good ones will and that is what keeps their customers coming back time and again.

Thats great, who was the dealer? Forum users should know who these special dealers are.

Jim,
We had the same issue a couple of weeks back...

Detector would start-up, detect for about 5-10 minutes then give the error message......

Message would remain until the detector sat for about 20 minutes, and same would happen again. Changed out the coil issue gone.

Minelab promptly sent a replacement coil, meanwhile I put my spare coil on the detector for my customer.

I agree a good dealer has the items in stock to take care of an issue right away. And not have to wait for something to be sent out.

That is the difference between a stocking(brick and mortar) dealer, and a mail order drop-shipper.....