Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

Frustration Level +++++

SMkunder,
A few questions and recommendations. First in your park what does your CTX track at in auto??? Next what does your Deus mineral graph reflect when pumping coil over clean ground?? And just how deep on average have you dug coins in the park with CTX????

Now, first you need your sens at at least 90 even 93 to get to the deepies. I like 12khz. Depending on your soil mineralization level. Let's say your meter reads half way when pumping your coil. If this is the case DON'T run reactivity level 0. Instead try 1 with silencer -1 (very important setting to reach the deepies). Do a manual GB and then dial back 3 points negative. Use your notch feature in expert menu and notch all the way from 0-77. Any and all 80 plus readings on the meter dig. Any high tones with no VDI dig. You should run with iron audio off. Disc around 6. Make sure you have your highest tone frequency set from 78 all the way to 99. Turn your audio report up to say 6.

Another recommendation. Find a deep coin target with your CTX in the park even a couple if you can. Mark them and try your Deus over them. The real deep targets don't really give the fullest of tone at times. Not as apparent but will sound.
Once you hear a couple real deep targets/coins you'll know better what to listen for. Mind you the settings above are more for the deeper targets, your park could have shallower silver coins/wheats/IHs that are masked from your CTX that you may can detect with your Deus.

Deus fast program with a sens setting like I stated above will get those coins. But remember your TID info will be different because of the different freq used.
Good luck.

squirrel1 said:
SMkunder,
A few questions and recommendations. First in your park what does your CTX track at in auto??? Next what does your Deus mineral graph reflect when pumping coil over clean ground?? And just how deep on average have you dug coins in the park with CTX????

Now, first you need your sens at at least 90 even 93 to get to the deepies. I like 12khz. Depending on your soil mineralization level. Let's say your meter reads half way when pumping your coil. If this is the case DON'T run reactivity level 0. Instead try 1 with silencer -1 (very important setting to reach the deepies). Do a manual GB and then dial back 3 points negative. Use your notch feature in expert menu and notch all the way from 0-77. Any and all 80 plus readings on the meter dig. Any high tones with no VDI dig. You should run with iron audio off. Disc around 6. Make sure you have your highest tone frequency set from 78 all the way to 99. Turn your audio report up to say 6.

Another recommendation. Find a deep coin target with your CTX in the park even a couple if you can. Mark them and try your Deus over them. The real deep targets don't really give the fullest of tone at times. Not as apparent but will sound.
Once you hear a couple real deep targets/coins you'll know better what to listen for. Mind you the settings above are more for the deeper targets, your park could have shallower silver coins/wheats/IHs that are masked from your CTX that you may can detect with your Deus.

Deus fast program with a sens setting like I stated above will get those coins. But remember your TID info will be different because of the different freq used.
Good luck.

Thanks Squirrel1 I have not run my machines side by side to do the actual numbers comparisons, but it sounds like a good idea. So far I have left the CTX at home for a while as to avoid going back to it right away out of frustration, but I am bound and determined to get this right, so thank you for your help.

Thanks to beebsilver's advice on the 12K-4K program thing i now don't dig very many if any bottle caps. be sure to do this as it works great. I too was very frustrated with the Deus but love it now. keep at it.
remember to have identical programs in 12K and 4K. i like to hunt parks and such in 12K. when i get a signal in the 92-94 range it can be a bottle cap so i push one button to go to 4K and check the target. if the sound or VDI stays the same or goes up it is a bottle cap. if it goes down it is digable. It doesnt matter which program you use as long as both the 12K and the 4K are the same. i use the Andy HiPro coin program for parks.
let us know how you're doing and don't give up.
GL&HH

martygene said:
Thanks to beebsilver's advice on the 12K-4K program thing i now don't dig very many if any bottle caps. be sure to do this as it works great. I too was very frustrated with the Deus but love it now. keep at it.
remember to have identical programs in 12K and 4K. i like to hunt parks and such in 12K. when i get a signal in the 92-94 range it can be a bottle cap so i push one button to go to 4K and check the target. if the sound or VDI stays the same or goes up it is a bottle cap. if it goes down it is digable. It doesnt matter which program you use as long as both the 12K and the 4K are the same. i use the Andy HiPro coin program for parks.
let us know how you're doing and don't give up.
GL&HH

Beepsilver likes this :thumbup:

Just to be clear, when I say "identical program," there are differences that matter when switching between 12 and 4K: notch and TX are different and if you look at my earlier post in this thread, I also slightly adjusted Sens between the two frequencies. The Sens difference is minimal, but designed to give maximum clarity on targets in both frequencies and allow you to easily identify trash targets such as bottlecaps. Is this setup for maximum depth? No it's not, but barring high minerals and iron, you should be able to distinguish dimes and quarters from bottlecaps at 7-8 inches with ease. I hate to see anyone dig 46 bottlecaps unless it's the hunter a few paces in front of me :)

Can't make programs if u don't know what ur machine is telling u. Took me about a year to wrangle this beast.

Start basic 1 and keep it there

Have had my Deus just under a year and used Basic1 for most of the time,the trouble is although it does work well to un-leash the full the potential of this machine you do have to do some changing of the settings.

Current run mine based on Deus Fast but zero discrimination or maybe 1,full tones and 18Khz,this i find suits our style of detecting in the UK,since changing over from stock progs to a midied one i would certainly say my finds have possibly doubled.Of course using full tones not everyone will get on as it could drive you potty.

But if you want to get the full potential from the Deus,you have to change a few major setting to your detecting conditions and also spend a fair amount of time learning it,if i am honest i was also going to wrap the detector around a tree many times,but as the hours have been put on the user clock the early frustration has gone and the finds have also increased.

Out on a roman/saxon site this sunday,so will learn some more from this machine,glad that i stuck with it as it certainly is a premium league machine.

Mega said:
Have had my Deus just under a year and used Basic1 for most of the time,the trouble is although it does work well to un-leash the full the potential of this machine you do have to do some changing of the settings.

+1 !!! Will be using your phrase, "...could drive you potty." :thumbup:

I am feeling a bit better knowing that others have gone through the same or similar levels of frustration, had a better day today trying out beepsilvers suggestions, I dug 3 wheaties, 82 cents in clad, and a boy scout pin. The switch between 12k and 4 k worked well as I only dug 4 bottle caps today and those were when I thought I was smart enough not to use the technique and got lazy. I still got my butt kicked by my hunting buddies using Minelabs, but that will change with time.

The more you get out you'll be surprised how quick you can cover ground and dig the goods--glad our suggestions are helping--keep up the good work!

How deep were the wheats? Were they older or newer wheats? How did they sound? Were they surprises or did you know you were on a coin?

beepsilver said:
The more you get out you'll be surprised how quick you can cover ground and dig the goods--glad our suggestions are helping--keep up the good work!

How deep were the wheats? Were they older or newer wheats? How did they sound? Were they surprises or did you know you were on a coin?

They were between 6 and 7 inches, they were not the older wheats 40's and 50's, did also find a 39 nickel. and I definetly new I was on a coin, so that helped quite a bit.

There have been many who sold their Deus units. When they started seeing what they could do eventually some bought another. Deus is really versatile machine when going from site to site. IMO currently the most versatile with good weight/ergonomics to boot. When mastered many more square ft can be hunted with Deus vs etrac/CTX in a given amount of time. Deus is very swing speed friendly.

it needs a hodograph to give more info , hopefully alain will built it in the next update as the horseshoe indicator is useless .unless you have perfect hearing the tones wont work

targets said:
it needs a hodograph to give more info , hopefully alain will built it in the next update as the horseshoe indicator is useless .unless you have perfect hearing the tones wont work

Does the x/y screen not help you?

its too slow to bring into use in the field ,needs easier accesibility IMO ,before i buy another control box i am looking for a good update on TIDs and visual indicators

targets said:
its too slow to bring into use in the field ,needs easier accesibility IMO ,before i buy another control box i am looking for a good update on TIDs and visual indicators

Maybe you'r too fast.