Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

Fugio

Lodge Scent

Hit an old home site this morning. I managed a toasty KGII and this nice Fugio.

The Deus screamed long and loud when it went over the Fugio. I was convinced that the target was likely a large brass relic or a piece copper flashing or similar. I was really surprised when it was a copper at about 6 inches. Never had a copper sound that big. I typically hunt in 8 kHz, 0 Descrim, Full Tones, Sens 90, Reactivity 2, Silencer 0, Audio 3. The only difference today was that I cranked the Sensitivity up to 95. I have a hard time thinking that that change made all that much of a difference in the sound profile of that copper. I mean I would have bet money that that target was NOT a copper. Anyone ever have this happen?

Jeff

Very NICE Jeff
Congrats!!

Excellent ! :beers:

Flintstone said:
Sorry ,, What is a Fugio???

The Fugio was one of the first coins minted in the US after we won our independence. There wasn't a US Mint yet, but Congress authorized some coinage to be made.

Here's what a non dug Fugio looks like.

Super find very hard to get find. Welcome to a small club. Yours is in much better shape than mine. Congrats

Thanks Lodge Scent, If I had found one I would have though it a token or something and through it in a box to never be seen again. I have boxes full of things I don,t know what they are. Thanks again flintstone

I'm an Explorer user mainly and have noticed at the higher sensitivities a coin's profile seems huge, especially when there isn't iron nearby to shorten the sound any.

NealNoIN said:
I'm an Explorer user mainly and have noticed at the higher sensitivities a coin's profile seems huge, especially when there isn't iron nearby to shorten the sound any.

I think that must have been it Neal. I just had never has Sens cranked that high and the response surprised me.

Very nice find.