Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

Funniest or Unusual find

Here’s a couple other odd finds I’ve made.
Found the silver bulldog in a yard.
Pipe in the middle was found while water detecting, and the other pipe was found at a construction site where quite a few civil war bullets were recovered.
Obviously it was lost by a homeless person camping there before the woods were cleared.View attachment 12449
That bulldog is cool...

I found two gold crowns 5 feet apart at a local fairgrounds. I use to attend the fall fair that was held here and it was in concession row. Maybe caramel apples or something else hard and sticky. Found with Fisher F75 and both were in the nickel range. Only two I have ever found and found minutes apart!

I once dug down and pulled up a loaded Gopher trap complete with chain. After I pulled it out of the ground one of my friends told me not to touch it as it was still loaded and could have serious injured me or anyone that touched it. One of the parks personal came by and took it away.

While searching around an old house site near a lake some years ago, I got a good signal and dug up what was left of a wallet.
The part I found held credit cards and inside was an aluminum social security card, driver’s license that had long been expired, and a Montgomery Ward credit card.
I found it about 2007 and the drivers license expired in 1976!!
I actually called the owner and talked to him and told him I found his belongings.
He said that was a bad day of fishing for him... he lost his wallet and contents and got a hole in the boat he was was using!!🤣
I offered to mail the items I found to him, but he declined my offer and asked me to destroy them which I did.
Found me a driver's license, too.
Awhile back I was hunting a soccer field for coins and jewelry. I dug this surprise, not expecting anything old on the site. It's a 1938 Kentucky driver's license. When I got home, not sure why, but I did some research of the area and found a website for the restoration of a still standing circa 1900 'coloreds only' segregated elementary school in very close proximity to where I found it.

Still not sure what made me call the number on the website. A lady answered and listened to my out of the blue explanation of my find. Amazingly, she said there may be someone who could help me with further research, and she invited me to a meeting of the preservation committee members the following night, literally walking distance from my house.

I showed up, and she introduced me. I explained what I'd found and where. A very elderly gentleman and his wife were at the far end of the table. When I finished, the old man asked me to repeat where I'd found it. He seemed pretty excited (for an old man).

I told him, and he said: "I grew up in a house that stood where that soccer field is now. In the '30s and early '40's my wife and I both went to the school we're now trying to preserve. I had an uncle, my father's brother, who was a moonshiner who lived in Kentucky. He had a whiskey route that took him to Norfolk. He's spend several days at our house after making his run."

The old man and his wife both cried when I walked to the end of the table and put the license in his hand. I've since tried to get some verification on the owner from Kentucky, but so far no response. But we have no doubt is belonged to his uncle.

Turns out the old man now owns the property the school is on. He gave me cart blanche to hunt it, but that hasn't turned up much. Like much of Chesapeake, it's quite swampy. And like most of the poorer areas of the past, there is a ton of trash in the ground.

Regardless, that find still stands out as one of my best.

Attachments

• 14656428_636782053148201_3063155426844205522_n.jpg
    14656428_636782053148201_3063155426844205522_n.jpg
    13.8 KB · Views: 109
While detecting the Beach in Virginia Beach, I found a man's wallet all intact with ID's, cards and cash. It belonged to a man in Fredericksburg. I was able to get a home number for him and called it. A woman answered the phone, and I explained what I had. I told her I'd send it right away. She thanked me, but asked me to send it to a different address. When I asked why, she said: "It's my mother's address. It's where I'll be staying. That SOB was supposed to be in Charlottesville!"

While detecting the Beach in Virginia Beach, I found a man's wallet all intact with ID's, cards and cash. It belonged to a man in Fredericksburg. I was able to get a home number for him and called it. A woman answered the phone, and I explained what I had. I told her I'd send it right away. She thanked me, but asked me to send it to a different address. When I asked why, she said: "It's my mother's address. It's where I'll be staying. That SOB was supposed to be in Charlottesville!"
WOW! Did you just ruin a marriage? Well LIES are revealed in mysterious ways & the TRUTH does prevail! Ma