Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

Funniest or Unusual find

WV62

The ground is frozen so just for kicks I thought I would start this thread and see if there was any interest in posting your funniest or unusual find.

So here is mine, I was hunting the park in a high grass area and out pops this beauty. Miss America is sure going to miss this.

Ron in WV

Crown 1.JPG

Im a bit more leery now just sticking my hand down the hole I just dug. Luckily the anchor loop was what I pulled out first. It had tripped but still....

Attachments

• 0830B74C-C6F0-4D1D-A6B8-8574760BF78C.jpeg
    0830B74C-C6F0-4D1D-A6B8-8574760BF78C.jpeg
    2 MB · Views: 152
WOW you could have had your 2 worst pains, the first when you heard the snap and the second when you hit the end of the chain.
For sure a surprise find.
Ron in WV

In April 2020 I lost my finds log in a wooded area. In November I was out detecting in the same spot and about an inch under the leaves out pops the notebook again! The metal loops on top gave off the signal. I’m so glad I had gotten the one with waterproof paper. Here is the last entry I made in it.

Attachments

• 4C08B508-B333-440E-824B-EEBCBD3802D8.jpeg
    4C08B508-B333-440E-824B-EEBCBD3802D8.jpeg
    867.3 KB · Views: 166
My funniest find this year: A bra in the woods. The detector probably picked up the clasp and out comes this beauty. I laughed a lot which is always good. What made me laugh even more is that I found a 1919 large cent, a 1919 silver dime and a silver quarter in the same area. I hung the bra on a nearby tree branch so I can find that area again once the snow melts !

A bra for a marker, now that is pure class..... lol. Find it above the ground or in the ground!!!

Last edited:
I spend a lot of time at the local beaches. One never knows what might appear early of a morning. I found a one piece ladies swim suit one morning. Wondered what she wore home. Another morning i found her pink thong. No i did not pick it up just left it for the folks who pick up the trash. Some one lost their Coke spoon. Had a loop for wearing on a chain.

So at my age I understood you found one pink (what the kids now call) flip flop????? And galoshes used to be called rubbers..... what happened to our English language???? 😂😂

A ,thong in my language is underwear. .

Was hunting a old farm house due to be demolished. Few finds in front , worked around to the back. Spotted a rundown orchard. Anyway got a nice sharp signal. Dug up this shoebox size rotten box. Real nice Silver sound. Carefully opened it up. Out slid a pile of Cat bones with a Silver Pendent with "Fluffy" stamped on it ! I dug up Fluffy ! Filling the guilt, I put everything back as best I could and called it a day. Pretty funny huh ?

At least it wasnt Fluffy’s owner too!! Lol

Was hunting a old farm house due to be demolished. Few finds in front , worked around to the back. Spotted a rundown orchard. Anyway got a nice sharp signal. Dug up this shoebox size rotten box. Real nice Silver sound. Carefully opened it up. Out slid a pile of Cat bones with a Silver Pendent with "Fluffy" stamped on it ! I dug up Fluffy ! Filling the guilt, I put everything back as best I could and called it a day. Pretty funny huh ?
Similar situation - around a huge old oak tree behind an old farm house, I got a super deep, large high tone that I thought "Yes, a mason jar of coins!".... uhhh, nope, a pet bird buried about a foot down in a large aluminum bowl covered with a plastic lid. Just replaced it down there and moved on.

Few years ago, on the beach. Would sometimes meet up with another hunter . So one day Frazer said he found a gold ring back there. I said great lets see it. Oh, I turned it in to the hotel I was hunting at. Said their were initials on the inside. !OK Im looking at him, Are you serious?! Get back there and get that ring back. Couple days later, he said by the time he got back there, someone already claimed it. Seems funny now.

I was digging and found a Merry Widow 3 pack. This was the original condom when they were really made of rubber. They started making them in the 20's. Oh yeah I found it on the grounds of my church!
I see I am not the only one finding these in church yard, most all mine were in church yard, kind of odd isnt it.

While searching around an old house site near a lake some years ago, I got a good signal and dug up what was left of a wallet.
The part I found held credit cards and inside was an aluminum social security card, driver’s license that had long been expired, and a Montgomery Ward credit card.
I found it about 2007 and the drivers license expired in 1976!!
I actually called the owner and talked to him and told him I found his belongings.
He said that was a bad day of fishing for him... he lost his wallet and contents and got a hole in the boat he was was using!!🤣
I offered to mail the items I found to him, but he declined my offer and asked me to destroy them which I did.

Here’s a couple other odd finds I’ve made.
Found the silver bulldog in a yard.
Pipe in the middle was found while water detecting, and the other pipe was found at a construction site where quite a few civil war bullets were recovered.
Obviously it was lost by a homeless person camping there before the woods were cleared.
DBD6F7DE-01BA-40BC-AE17-2A47149ACB17.jpeg

Im a bit more leery now just sticking my hand down the hole I just dug. Luckily the anchor loop was what I pulled out first. It had tripped but still....
Yea, me too... more concerned about all the hypodermic needles in the parks... and once I found an aluminum tranquilizer dart in the woods. I always wear leather gloves!