Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

Funny! (Caution language) ............

n/t

n/t

As a plumbing repairman I can really appreciate this story. :thumbup:

It ranks right up there as one of the best I've ever heard about such things.

As a Texas boy I knew a few not to bright old timers capable of such foolishness too.

A fellow I met years ago told me of mowing the back yard at his summer cottage in Westbrook, Connecticut one day when the ground caved in and he found himself standing up to his chest in human waste.

A Model A Ford Sedan body had been buried for use as a septic tank and the wood planking covering it rotted away.

The fellow didn't know what was down there as he was the third or fourth owner of the house.

The top of my own tank caved in one night and I found out about it when my wife asked me why I had dug a hole in the back yard.

It was a poorly re-inforced tank and failed.

Such is life!!,:shrug:

CJ

Wayne,

If you follow the link shown at the bottom of the page after the video by scrolling right to the end you will find a hog being killed with a .177 cal. pellet gun!

Interesting how the hunter danced around to avoid being hurt by the hog too,

CJ

some of the new pellet guns have .22 velocity but very little energy, a Hog is a tough customer and pellets are very light in weight. The skull is the only place to aim. Not fair to the Hog.
If it was a high velocity .22 pellet gun with a heavier pellet maybe, but i still think it would be a desperation thing and not for showboating.

We agree on the poor choice of gun for the job Wayne.

Did you notice the hunter dodging the pig as he almost got hit twice?

CJ

a utube video for very poor taste advertising. I sure am disappointed in people at times when their ethics go out the window for money or 15 minutes of fame.
I really enjoy and use my high velocity pellet gun. It lets me control pests and not worry about homes 1/2 a mile from me like i would with a .22 or larger. I still use the .22 rifle and even a hunting rifle on occasion here but am limited in the elevation and directions i can safely shoot.

On an other forum a guy hunts hogs with these all the time. 45 Colt is about 900 FPS.
==============================================================================

Big bore air guns
http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=iv&v=KMiDaCdfVh8&annotation_id=annotation_88159
==============================================================================

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=C_lDgBkPOV4&feature=related

lots of power there to do the job proper!
We always worried that talking about small caliber hunting of bigger game may spur young hunters or neophytes to think they could do it. A careful and knowledgeable shooter can do a lot of things that others should not attempt.
On the trapline we sometimes took even Moose with a .22 when we were hungry and did not have the thutty thutty with us. We did not make a practice of it though and placed our shot/shots very carefully.