Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

g-2

I read a lot of Tom's stuff over the years and I agree with him. I relic and coin shoot, but now I'm Coin and Relic and Jewelry hunt and the G2 line hits this the best. Somebody said this is a Gold, Relic and coin detector. I think it's a Gold, Jewelry and Relic detector. With coin as a plus.

jmaryt said:
i'm happy to hear this steve!..exactly the kind of info i am looking for!
i believe this detector has the "potential" to be an excellent coin sniper,however ya HAVE to get down there
to play ball with the e-tracs and others,and to be perfectly frank,i would PREFER to use a 'simple " tool like the g-2 to
find the stuff,as i really don't like "screwing" around with features,and controls,just want to hunt in the junk,AND get results!
if the g-2 can" consistently" get down,say 8 or 8 inches on dimes then,my interest just escalated 100 fold!..just sayin!
thanks for honest input!

(h.h.!)
j.t.

I'm relatively new at this and only had my G2 out a couple times due to lots of rain here in sunny CA. On my second hunt I got a good loud signal (83 if I remember right) I pinpointed with the detector then checked with the propointer, nuthin. I dug down about 4" checked again with the PP, still nuthin. Dug a little farther and finally got the PP to sound off. I ended up pulling out a clad dime that was 9"-10" deep. Now the dime is only 10 cents, but I was very happy to find one that deep. Almost forgot to add I am using the stock 11" coil

'

My G2 experience in a super trashy, old house down situation, was that most of the masked signals weren't that deep. They had iron around them masking their signal and the G2 sniffed the good signal out. I dug a 1905 Indian at three inches. It had iron grunts all around it but I got the hint of a good signal and teased it into an almost repeatable. VDI was jumpy but when I got to the repeatable the VDI began to get close to what you would expect from a good signal. The deepest coin I dug was at about 7 inches and was a 1889 nickle. This is my first real experience with the G2 at these old farm house fields. It is the main reason I wanted to try at G2. I used the stock coil but have the 5 and if time permits you can bet I will go back over the field with the smaller coil. I will say to hit the deeper targets you need to listen to the faint signals. They seem to lock the VDI pretty well but aren't the bummer signals you get from a shallow coin. I am new to the G2 but still think it may be just the ticket for light weight, simple hunting under a lot of conditions.

Don
HH

cometguy said:
My G2 experience in a super trashy, old house down situation, was that most of the masked signals weren't that deep. They had iron around them masking their signal and the G2 sniffed the good signal out. I dug a 1905 Indian at three inches. It had iron grunts all around it but I got the hint of a good signal and teased it into an almost repeatable. VDI was jumpy but when I got to the repeatable the VDI began to get close to what you would expect from a good signal. The deepest coin I dug was at about 7 inches and was a 1889 nickle. This is my first real experience with the G2 at these old farm house fields. It is the main reason I wanted to try at G2. I used the stock coil but have the 5 and if time permits you can bet I will go back over the field with the smaller coil. I will say to hit the deeper targets you need to listen to the faint signals. They seem to lock the VDI pretty well but aren't the bummer signals you get from a shallow coin. I am new to the G2 but still think it may be just the ticket for light weight, simple hunting under a lot of conditions.

Don
HH

Put the G2 in the bad stuff and it will pay off, nice hunt and look forward to seeing more post. Coil size? Your gain ? and where you in all metal ?

For my trashy farm field hunt I was using the stock coil. I have the smaller one and may return with it someday but I wanted to challenge the G2 and see if it could pull anything out of the debris field. I went across this same area last year with my LTD and the small coil and found a couple of things that were apparently masked. When I started to hear about how good the G2 was in iron this one the place I dreamed about hunting with one. This place is nothing fancy, just an old farm house site that goes back to the 1860s. I have found a lot of interesting relics and everything from a two cent piece to a Mercury dime. Several Indians but also a few wheats. From the dates I would guess this place was abandoned in the 1920s. I am looking forward to one more challenge for the G2. I have this great back yard downtown, behind a large apartment building. It is built right on one of our main streets and goes back to the late 1800s. The yard screams, great target, great target, when you drive by and look. The problem, the yard is full of cinders or clinkers from a wood or coal stove. Literally covered with them. They all sound off and you can't find a good deep target. Hope to challenge that yard soon.

Don
HH

Don,

Keep us posted :teknetics:#1 Nice finds love to see a picture

begs the question what depth can it find the "better" conductor,silver at?
even at 19 khz,if you are getting hits like that,then what's NOT to like?..especially in
mild to medium mineralization!..just sayin!

(h.h.!)
j.t.