Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

G-2

jmaryt

i would like to ask all you g-2 users if you ever set your "break point"
on the g-2 to just cherry pick pennies,dimes and silver?..if so,how is that working for you in parks,and other trash filled sites?
what depth on average ,are you seeing on coins when the detector is set up that way?.also, are you using the 5" dd coil?
thanks!

(h.h.!)
j.t.

I've done that on occasion, j.t. -- and it works very well. I've done it with the 11" coil, though -- just got the 5" today. I see no loss in depth running disc at ANY number. Lots of disc, no disc, depth seems the same. Having said that, running in disc MODE is a shallower MODE than all metals, so if you want extra depth, hunt in all-metals mode and you'll be surprised. But, once you are in disc mode, adjusting disc up or down does not seem to affect depth at all for me.

Steve

thanks steve! was wondering if depth was affected by running high discriminate!
i have a ulterior motive for asking,and this is because in "heavy trashed" sites like parks,old schools and the like,
if NO depth loss is experienced,then being able to set it at say,60 or higher would make for a much more pleasant hunt,IF one just wants to cherry pick clad and
silver at depth!..just sayin'

(h.h.!)
j.t.

thanks! in your hunts,on average,what kind of depth are you truly seeing when cherry picking?
68 sound about where i would be too!..are you getting deep silver at that disc. setting?

(h.h.!)
j.t.

in addendum!.i am curious because i am wondering which detector,the omega,notched out,
or the g2 with a high "break point, will get deeper on coins in general!..i am "assuming" the omega,
with it's 'coin" frequency @ 7.8 khz,as opposed to 19 khz for the g2 will get deeper,however i do NOT know that
because i do NOT "own" either!..thanks for any input!

(h.h.!)
j.t.

mainly hunting super trash area's for modern coins jewelry so they are not deep 4in's max i am unsure if it will see much deeper with so much junk around it will mask deeper targets but if there is not much junk around i am sure you would get 6 to 8 in's on silver coins, but try and remember the bug/G2 is 19kHz so its not going to hit silver as well as a lower frequency machine like an omega 8000 or similar.

with the high pulse rate its made to hit low conductors like gold, silver is a high conductor so a low pulse rate will get better depth on silver like the omega. but it will still find silver if your not in junky spots try all metal and keep an eye on the speedo to see what the target range is would think using this method would get you a couple more inches on silver. anything over 10in's would be exceptional depth on this machine on a coin.

just plant a coin say 8in's and fiddle with the settings see what works best this will give a better understanding of the machine.

AJ

thanks! been at this a long time,but don't own the g2,or the omega,so was just wondering what people are seeing for performance in the junk!
the main problem,as i am sure just about everybody will attest,is the amount of trash encountered just about everywhere you go.this
really presents a big challenge!.ya need depth,and separation in the crap in order to get it done! the omega with it's lower frequency apparently has an
edge in this environment! just sayin'

(h.h.!)
j.t.

I have the Gold Bug Pro and with the disc at 60 and using the 5-inch coll in the trash,
this seems to be a good choice

j.t. --

I'm not sure if the Omega is deeper, or not. You'd think it SHOULD be, but I would almost bet that the Gold Bug/G2 might be deeper, even on silver. You might ask this question to Monte, as he has both machines. But I know I can get a response out of a 10" silver dime in my test garden, when the soil is damp, in all-metals mode, with my Gold Bug and 11" coil. Pretty good, as far as I am concerned.

Steve

that's pretty good stuff Steve and i can say i have found a 20mm coin at 1 foot in the dry sand it was in disc mode mainly copper coin it was only a tick but sense the sand is easy diggin it came out :) so can believe your 10 on that coin.

if you want true separation of targets go over the area 1st pick out ALL the shallow stuff, then go over it again get the next layer and so on, until you can find no targets left. you will dig lots of junk and the reward will be what ever goodies are there, in this time of modern detectors and lots of detectorists its the ones who put the time in to any site who will get the goodies, remember most people only go over an area once take what they get and move on and i can 100% guarantee they didn't get everything, this may seem extreme way to detect but its what i am employing and while i may not get the full bag of the very 1st detector over the site i get my share of goodies its just plain and simple hard work :blink: any detector will do this for you G2 will do fine and if you couple this with an omega then you will have a good set up.

the more i dig the luckier i get i read in someones signature and it seems to be true.

you are absolutely correct! hehe! heh! heh! as if i did not know this already after 33 years and counting!
only two solutions! start knockin' on doors,and hit the books! just sayin'

(h.h.!)
j.t.

that sounds terrific! any knowledge on what it will do in a "trash heap" in a local old park?
maybe with the 5" dd coil on board? tough question,i know but as good a test as any i know to determine if its got the goods!
these are the conditions i find myself confronted with on a daily basis! in my "neck of the woods" EVERY public site has been 'cooked"
and trash is everywhere on an unprecedented scale ! now as we all know ya never get it all, so i believe a lot of goodies still remain, "masked" by
iron and aluminum. just sayin'

(h.h.!)
j.t.

works well for you? if you are getting down around 6" or so in the junk with the
5" dd,you should 'see" silver!

(h.h.!)
j.t.

Yep j.t... the shallowest a "barber" at only about 2-inches and and the deepest so far an early "rosy"
at about 5-inches... :detecting: Trashy area using a Sniper Coil. js

kool! that's great! good to know if ya set your disc. high depth
DOESN'T suffer with the 5" dd either! terrific! just sayin'

(h.h.!)
j.t.

Actually I like to keep the disc below the nickel setting as there could be a buffalo and
I like finding them.

I hunt at 100 sens and 50 break point to ensure i get hits on rings. I always use my 5 inch in parks It's just like a scalpel and cuts right through the trash providing you know your vdi numbers and what they are telling you.

It's not as deep as my F75, but I've never used a detector that can cherry pick through the trash and find the goodies like the G2 can while getting decent depth. It's a very stealthy machine and by that I mean quiet compared to most other machines in trash. This is my machine of choice in trash, hands down! The F75SE where the trash is not so bad where deep depth and ID accuracy is a major factor otherwise.