Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

G-2

ok! great clyde! on average,what kind of depth are you 'seeing"
on coins in very trashy sites?..just curious?..thanks!

(h.h.!)
j.t.

kinda curious! would you say the "standard" f-75 with 5" coil on board is a "deeper" detector
on coins in the "junk, then the g-2 with the 5"coil?..thanks!

(h.h.!)
j.t.

Most of the good targets in shotgun iron trash are dug no deeper that seven or eight inches with the G2 5" combo, not to say it wouldn't get any deeper but that's mostly what I find. The F75SE with the 5" will dig deeper in trash, but I feel as if I'm missing some targets that the G2 will get as it runs smoother in the trash and seems a little quicker in the response time. The F75SE is hands down my detector for use in not so trashy areas though. I do well using both detectors.

by smoother,do you mean it has better id than the f-75?
or do you mean it's less noisy,and less affected by (e.m.i.)?
getting down 7" or 8" is plenty deep for just about anywhere!

(h.h.!)
j.t.

The F 75 SE will hit a dime at 10.8 inches with the 5 inch coil in Florida dirt and will kick the GBs butt for depth

But the GB is both less noisy and less EMI affected.

It is vary difficult to determine the best machine at unmasking in iron, but in a simple test i did this.

I put a dime on the rug in my living room , now keep in mind there are nails in the sup floor.
I then put a roll of tape over the dime and a iron nail across the top of the tape
CZ 5in could not sniff the dime ,F75 could hit about 40% rotation and the GB about 70% rotation
with a good ID

In the real world with GB and 11in coil there is a very small park were a church once stood.
We have hit this place with 2 or 3 detectors at a time and found no old coins in a few years.
First time with the Bug and i hit 2 Indians . The next night i got 2 more Indians all around 4 to 7 inches deep.

It may be in poor taste to talk money here, but don't forget the g2 is just a tiny bit over half the price of the F75 SE/LTD. just sayin'
(j.t. I wanna be just like you when I grow up)
Tom
:)

4 to 7 inches will definitely "cut it" in most ground here in new england!
if you are getting that depth consistently,along with "outstanding" separation"
then the gb/g-2 IS the "smart play"
in trashed" old parks..etc..etc...just sayin'

(h.h.!)
j.t.

yes! i am aware of the price differential between the two!
as far as wanting to be like me when you grow up,i must have taken a "obtuse"
pill today,because i "must have "missed" what you was sayin'..just sayin'

(h.h.!)
j.t.

unfortunately,with today's "cooked" heavily trashed sites,all metal can be a "bear" to use!
it CAN be done,but generally one has to have the patience of "job" to get it done! i have to admit,i'm not that
patient,and would have difficulty adjusting to all metal! on the other hand,IF you are hunting relatively "clean" areas,
then all bets are off,and all metal should be invoked...just sayin'

(h.h.!)
j.t.

If you are looking for deep seeking detector then go with the T2, But the G2 has good depth and fast recovery then by all means get one. I have been coin shooting all summer. Now, Georgia has been in no rain pattern for 3 months now. Silver is always more likely to be found in the dry areas vs lower conductive targets (like nickels) need more of moister ground. This is where your 19 khz comes in to play, I went to the beach for 3 days and the G2 did very well there 2 rings and nickels everywhere. I found one ring at 12 inches in the ground, it was a tungsten wedding band and very heavy. The sand was wet, back at the hotel where the dirt was dry and found a Merc. at 7 inches. By the way I was using a 11inch coil. But the 5 inch coil, now where detecting at a different ball game altogether. I'm planning on writing a blog about the G2 / Gold Bug2. I will not be talking about any other detector, even if I was checking target with the AT pro (which I did for the last few hunts). I will tell you this, I love my G2 all the way !

that's good! i am happy to hear that! i believe also, that it is a fine detector,however the question still stands!
what kind of depth on coins are you generally seeing with the 5" coil on board?.i'm curious as to HOW the detector 'sees' silver 'better in "'dry" ground conditions as opposed to moist ground conditions?
if i can get a "general" idea of "average " depth" on coins using this coil in a "speedo" setting of say,60,or 70,or so,then this knowledge
will help me in making a buying decision yes there are other detectors that are deeper,and i am aware of this,however i am "looking"
at this one (g-2) and NOT other detectors!..thanks!

(h.h.!)
j.t.

j.t. --

I have NOT noticed any decrease in depth at higher disc. Entering disc mode from all-metals mode, you do lose a little depth; BUT, from there, running high vs. low amounts of disc does NOT seem to affect depth, in my experience.

Steve

thanks steve! seems conclusive then! i'll bet it would be an excellent "trash picker"
doesn't appear to be effected by (e.m.i.) quiet,with 2 super fast processors!

(h.h.!)
j.t.