Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

G2 Gold chains

EZrider

Can someone report how the G2 hits gold chains.

ive done only air tests since its winter here. g2 does very well on even the finest gold chains. using the 5in dd is even better.

Are you hitting the chains or the clasps?

HH
Mike

Mike mine hits the small ankle chains around 5inchs with the small coil and I am holding the clasps and swinging the chains. I have not found any while hunting but I do believe the G-2 will nail one if I can get the coil across one. Larger chains hits very well but the small chains surprised me. Sensitivity was 90 and the TID was 50 and 51. I will or should be in FL. the last week in March and I will test the G-2 there if I get a chance to lay down my Excall for a little while.:teknetics::minelab:

I don't have any small gold chains .
I took a piece of kitchen aluminum foil using a Quarter as a template and peeled the foil to the shape of the Quarter.
Then folded the foil to the size of the top of a pencil.Then taped to piece of paper.
GB SE 0 Disc 6 inches Disc of 30 5.5 inches with 11 inch coil
Foils true ID of 50 ID was 47 at measurement.

Mine hit loud and with multy repeated tone... like hitting several nails

Thanks all, Just trying to justify if it would be a good dry sand beach machine.

I think it would be a GREAT dry sand beach machine.---I'm sure going to find out the first chance I get! ;) --------Del

Has anyone done a side by side comparison between the Teknetics G2 and the Tesoro Compadre on small gold chains?

That's hardly being fair to the Compadre.

The Compadre is a good entry level machine. It was never intended to run with the big dogs.

The GB/G2, although easy for a beginner to use, is not priced "entry level", and does run with the big dogs. There are better machines for deep silver in open ground, but the GB/G2 is a killer in trashy areas (many would say the best rmachine available regardless of price), and very hot on low conductivity objects such as gold chains.

--Dave J.

Never have tried the G2 but my Compadre wasn't that impressive on small gold. Nothing like what some people would lead you to believe. With the small coil it did OK, but then most all do well with a small coil, but I tried the 7.5? DD and it was not very good. My DFX does much better. In my opinion, the Compadres strong points are light, simple and low cost.

Dave J. said:
That's hardly being fair to the Compadre.

The Compadre is a good entry level machine. It was never intended to run with the big dogs.

The GB/G2, although easy for a beginner to use, is not priced "entry level", and does run with the big dogs. There are better machines for deep silver in open ground, but the GB/G2 is a killer in trashy areas (many would say the best rmachine available regardless of price), and very hot on low conductivity objects such as gold chains.

--Dave J.

I understand and that's why I have a GB ordered. I just wanted to use the Compadre as a benchmark, since it's so popular for tot lots and it seems that just about everyone has one. From what I've read, people leave their "big dogs" in the car and let their Compadre out to do the sniffing for small gold stuff in tot lots.