Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

G2 scores cut coin and Eagle button from Indiana.

cometguy

Wow, I am still doing back flips after today's hunt. I have an old farm site that I have always called the "button farm" since I always find buttons and no coins. I have probably found a dozen or more buttons. They are usually flat and plain but today I got a nice surprise. When I got home and gave my finds a bath, I found an Eagle hiding in the dirt. Also got my first coins from the place. Actually, the first one was just a piece of a coin, but I liked it anyway. Added two Indians and a lot of field iron before I called it quits. The G2 pulled a lot of these targets out of the nails and iron of the old home site. Looks like I will be keeping a G2 around for quite a while.

n/t

Guys, I am a pretty simple hunter. I was running at 100 percent gain in discrimination with the break set at about 51. I could still hear the iron and the really close surface stuff gave me a high reading. I ran the big coil too. I don't mind digging iron at these old house sites. I sure do like those high sounding ones with good numbers though. I hunted a long time today and it was like getting nudged awake when those vdi numbers went above 60. The first Indian was at least 8 inches deep. The cut coin was about the same. A lot of the buttons were two to three inches deep. I knew that anything above 60 that showed three or more inches in depth was probably going to be a fun target. I wish I could remember more about the cuff button. I glanced at it and with the dirt on it I thought it was a flower pattern or something. I didn't see the Eagle till I got it home and gave it a bath. I bet I carried five pounds of iron out today. Now, I have to go back and see if that officer threw anything else interesting down while he was living there.

Don
HH

great results don!..especially nice "catching" that "chief" at a measured 8".."nasty"
little detector ya got there!

(h.h.!)
j.t.