Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

G2+ vs F19 differences ?

dfmike

Are the G2+ and F19 basically the same machines with different grip styles and color ?

They are identical in operation and depth capability when using the same coil. F19 has 5x10" Elliptical coil stock, G2+ comes with the 11" DD.

Yes, Identical with different grip styles,color, and coil.

So it's not a new machine and to gain info just read f19 post.
More of a relic machine or a gold machine?

Nugget hunters may prefer the F19 simply because the handle configuration makes it more compact which is better suited for use in rough rocky ground. When laying it down it it less apt to take the knocks that the pistol grip style g2+ would.

I think it went something like a gold detector with disc and then became a coin/relic detector, then morphed in to a F19 relic detector.

but its a gold detector with the best ID ing disc mode on coins I have used , its ID is what all other detectors a judged against :biggrin:

and its a zip zip gold finder too as Dave designed it to be.

in other words its a keeper.

AJ

amberjack said:
I think it went something like a gold detector with disc and then became a coin/relic detector, then morphed in to a F19 relic detector.

but its a gold detector with the best ID ing disc mode on coins I have used , its ID is what all other detectors a judged against :biggrin:

and its a zip zip gold finder too as Dave designed it to be.

in other words its a keeper.

AJ

Thanks AJ. That's exactly why I am interested in it: Stable target ID. I've seen many videos on youtube featuring the F19 and I'm always impressed with the numbers hardly budging.

Finally got the F19 a few weeks ago. The visual ID stability is impressive. It's got features that I'm already liking a lot. Thanks for all the input.

good you are liking the F19 its one nice detector , just the back light was enough for me to upgrade from the GBP and its got extras other than that :biggrin:

have fun out there and thanks for the feedback !!

AJ

The recovery speed on this detector is impressive as well. No lag ever. The only time I have to wait is when turning on the detector and it initializes. After that it's fast fast fast.

yep its a lethal weapon I got a 10 x 13 Mars coil for mine I have only ever really used it for trashy snipping with the little 5" coil and just wanted to see how it went with a big coil for covering ground fast pretty impressed with that set up too now so yeah multi purpose snipper.

don't see many people talking about this detector which is a good thing for us right :bouncy: or maybe they are keeping secrets :wave:

have fun out there !!

AJ

Maybe the lack of love for Fisher/Tek 19 kHz machines is because of not so great depth performance compared to the F70, T2, F75 ? There must be a reason why First Texas didn't put a boost mode on the F19 or G2+ (cost perhaps). Appart from that, I can't really explain the lack of interest. Lack of tone options ? I'll admit I miss the 3-4 tone feature of my F5 at times when I want to cherry pick old copper or silver coins. I can always set V-Break at 70 or so but it's not quite the same with the VCO tones. What it lacks in sound options, it makes up for in target ID and stability.

Having issues with EMI on yours ??? That's another thing that really impresses me so far. No EMI whatsoever at full gain. None.

it was made to hunt gold nuggets with disc added and from what I hear its a great nugget hunter so then people started using it in the park and seen how good the disc and ID was so its the full package can use AM on the beach if wanted too...

I do set my disc at 70 when coin hunting it pings on the coins I hunt with as you have seen solid id all day every day also has found me silver patches which I have then used other detectors to go back with so its the real deal in my book and will always be in my top 3 in what ever form it comes in :biggrin:

so yes can set disc at 40 and hunt gold rings too :bouncy:

EMI none with the small fisher coil does get a bit with after market coils in some spots but all in all pretty well can run full speed :biggrin: so yeah at the 19khz its never going to be a depth demon but the bigger coil does surprise in the right spots.

yes I guess most people just want deep but not everything is deep its hiding never used the F75 so I cant say how it does in trash but if its as good as the F19 then it must be nice.

so its a fun detector isn't it :buds:

hope you find some nice goodies !!

AJ

amberjack if I make other nice finds with it (I know I will), I'll post them in the Fisher forum. Last weekend was only my second time using it outside my own lawn. I found a few goodies. It's there in the Fisher forum with a photo if you haven't seen it.

You guys have me pretty stoked about the f19. Mines coming in the mail tomorrow and I have decided to make a real commitment to learn it.

tometusns said:
You guys have me pretty stoked about the f19. Mines coming in the mail tomorrow and I have decided to make a real commitment to learn it.

Did you buy it from Chuck in the classified section ? With what were you detecting before ? If you are not used to a high freq detector there is a learning curve or perhaps calling it a discovery curve would be more exact. It's not hard to learn at all but the differences between it and lower freq detectors becomes quite obvious with extended use and the extent of those differences surprised me. For me the differences with my low freq detector are not all good but a lot of them are so the F19 is a keeper.

Be prepared to find a lot of small stuff in the low conductor range. I will post my latest 2 beach hunt within a few days in the F series forum. I'll probably add a few more observations regarding the F5 vs F19 differences.

In any case, congrats on your purchase. I think you will like it.

I went back over one of my relic sites just this week with my f19 .I dug a Minnie at 8", a j-hook, a rivet and two pistol balls.The next morning I swept the same area with my Sovereign XS and dug some small brass flakes,I then swept it with my Blisstool v5 and dug a few iffy iron signals,which turned out to be iron.This morning I swept yet again with my MXT Pro&8x6 SEF coil and dug a few pointed square nails(which chirped).In another part of the field,I did dig a breast plate with the MXT.My point being that the F19 pretty well cleaned the site and missed nothing.All of these are very good detectors and to be fair,I really don't have much experience with the Blisstool,but the F19 with its lightweight and simple setup makes it a no-brainier.My guess is that you don't hear much about these because of the price.The used detector market is a pretty good indicator of how people like their detectors and from what I've seen,very few of these show up to be sold.This indicates to me that people who own them are hanging on to them.

I have not had many detectors but my impression of the F19 was exactly that: If it's in the ground and not too deep it will find it. It's like a vacuum cleaner. I found tiny tiny bits of metal at depth, stuff that I didn't really want to find but at least I know it has the ability to find tiny jewelry as well. If only there were gold nuggets here. I know the F19 would snatch them all.

also a useful nugget hunter that's what it was made for and morphed in to something else as well, the upgrades from the GBP are worth the extra cost for me, only mod would be a toggle from disc to AM which can be done if wanted or needed.

I think its true those that get to know this detector don't sell.

AJ