Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

G2+ vs F19 differences ?

AJ-----Ya need a few more detectors!!!!! Which one(s) ya gonna buy next???------Maybe the G2+ so's the F-19 won't get lonely!----You know, different grip--may be a "game changer"!:thumbup:
amberjack said:
also a useful nugget hunter that's what it was made for and morphed in to something else as well, the upgrades from the GBP are worth the extra cost for me, only mod would be a toggle from disc to AM which can be done if wanted or needed.

I think its true those that get to know this detector don't sell.

AJ

dfmike said:
tometusns said:
You guys have me pretty stoked about the f19. Mines coming in the mail tomorrow and I have decided to make a real commitment to learn it.

Did you buy it from Chuck in the classified section ? With what were you detecting before ? If you are not used to a high freq detector there is a learning curve or perhaps calling it a discovery curve would be more exact. It's not hard to learn at all but the differences between it and lower freq detectors becomes quite obvious with extended use and the extent of those differences surprised me. For me the differences with my low freq detector are not all good but a lot of them are so the F19 is a keeper.

Be prepared to find a lot of small stuff in the low conductor range. I will post my latest 2 beach hunt within a few days in the F series forum. I'll probably add a few more observations regarding the F5 vs F19 differences.

In any case, congrats on your purchase. I think you will like it.
I traded for it. Been using an etrac but have been looking for something lighter. I've watched a bunch of utube videos. Played with it a bit today... I'll be taking her out soon

If you prefer a quiet hunt, learn the V-Break and FeTone options and use them to your advantage. I use these all the time and have come to find them almost indispensable. The F19 can be set to become a pretty decent coin hunter if that is what you want. There are a few good videos on youtube that explain a few features. Since there arent't a ton of F19 videos, they are easy to find. :)

I run the volume @ 12, disc @ 25,vbreak @ 35 for relics and dig most anything that chirps repeatably.You can run volume at 10 with zero disc and eliminate most smaller iron bits but I like to hear some iron so that I know when to slow down.

That's why I run mine at 10 all the time. I'm not a relic hunter. I notch iron with my F5 as well. I eliminate iron from the get go. Unlike a lot of people on here, I can't stand the incessant noise most machines make when nothing is taken out or in all metal. It's kind of ironic I'm using this detector when Fisher clearly had the relic hunters in mind when they developed it. I find it very good for just about everything so far.

Take a look at the Fisher F series forum if you have a minute. I posted my last finds there.

Ok, got to hunt for a while this evening. First two holes I dug were solid 58's and 60 and 86 nickels!! Wow!! I only got to hunt for about 30 min but a solid 59 @ 7+ inches gave up the square part of a tab. Awesome depth with the stock coil. I dug six holes four locked in solid 3 coins square part or a tab. Two holes little jumpy signal and got can slaw. I already really like the f19!!

The other coin was a 73 memorial @ 3 inches. Also I went to a ball field that has been hunted to death to try tout. I'm going back.... looking for some silver... lol

You will most probably find stuff even if an area has been done to death by other detectorists (If its in the ground of course). The beach I have been hunting lately has been done many times through the years yet I find things that have been in the ground for years. Those 2 old silver dimes I found recently should have been found a long time ago.

If you like your F19 now it will only get better from here.

D&P-OR said:
AJ-----Ya need a few more detectors!!!!! Which one(s) ya gonna buy next???------Maybe the G2+ so's the F-19 won't get lonely!----You know, different grip--may be a "game changer"!:thumbup:
amberjack said:
also a useful nugget hunter that's what it was made for and morphed in to something else as well, the upgrades from the GBP are worth the extra cost for me, only mod would be a toggle from disc to AM which can be done if wanted or needed.

I think its true those that get to know this detector don't sell.

AJ

dunnoh Del maybe a Nokta :shrug: funny that the F19 is sitting all by its self at the front door not sure what that means other than its a grab and go :biggrin:

really some have to go I think.

AJ