Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

Garmin EMap

leesumm

Can someone give me some advice and help on the older Garmin EMap ? Its a fairly good unit and works fine but the map on it is outdated considerably . Is there any updates for it and how do I go about it or should I just toss it and consider a new unit? I use this mainly on my 4 wheeler on some ATV trails here in Arkansas as there are no two maps with the same markings for the forest roads.
When I am using it , it shows my position but there isnt anything there other than grey screen . It will show my proximity to a road that is marked but it wont put me on a road most of the time unless its a common well marked state hiway or federal hiway.

You can get MapSource topo maps for it but, because of eMap limited memory, you will be able to load only a small area. IMHO, if you want usable maps on your receiver, get one of the newer units with more memory and better screen. Mind you, even for newer units you will have to purchase extra maps to get decent detail.

Thank you, I have had this Emap Garmin since they first came out several years ago. I tried one of the low end Tom Toms but it didnt really give me much more info when I got off a major road . I was hoping to find something that would give me more detail in the National Forest on the trails. There isnt any two maps here that give the same number of the roads and even the Forestry Service office in town dont have a map that will be correct . But they say there is a new one coming out in September that will be accurate. Here in Arkansas in the National Forest. The road will be marked either by by a county number such as Polk 389 then under it on a brown sign be marked with a Forestry Number such as 38. Then the maps will call it something else. Very seldom do the road signs and the maps coincide with one another .