Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

Garmins Rino 130 for metal detecting civil war sites

srfpilot

You guys got any ideas as to what software I could use and

what programs would benifit me in establish civil war troop movement

battles etc.

There is got to be a way to use this iformation with some type of civil war maps then put it back into the GPS

Steve in Atlana

srfpilot@aol.com

I have a Meridan Yellow

and a Rino 130

You need software that can use / calibrate scanned maps.
Than, you can use this software to import / export waypoints and tracks between the computer and the receiver and you can display these data right over a scanned map.

My top picks are:
TTQV which I represent - see www.canadianmaps.ca
OziExplorer - the very best of my competition - see www.oziexplorer.com

Both have free demos so try before you buy.

How accurate does the older map have to be? If some of it isn't accurate can that be overcome?

How long is a "piece of string"?
Obviously, the more accurate the map, the closer it may bring you to a place where pottential finds may be. Less accurate map will bring you to a general area and than, you will have to use... well, your metal detector :)